Some Current Account / Loan and DRO advice please

Options
Hi, im just waiting for a document in the post then I pack pack everything up and send it off to the CCCS for my DRO.

Ive informed all my credit card creditors that I am in hardship etc but I have yet to tell my (ex) current account bank, Natwest. I have a CA, a loan and a CC with them and have held off telling while moving payments across to my Coop cashminder.

The loan is due out on the 20th and there wont be enough money in the account to cover it, how should I inform them that im in hardship? Ive tried searching but it seems that people just cancel the DD. Should I do this and send them the same letter ( This one ) and wait for more phone calls?

Comments

• tech2_2
    tech2_2 Posts: 274 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2010 at 1:55AM
    Options
    Sorry but still learning stuff

Why a debt relisf order? it is never going to go away. I wish I had gonr BR 5 yrs ago....

If things are so bad why not BR?
    If Carling made web-sites this would proberly be the best website in the world :T

Get your SOA done here.... http://www.makesenseofcards.co.uk/soacalc.html
  • nervousmother
    Options
    A person can have a debt releif order instead of BR if they owe less than (i think) 15k and have no assets, also i beleive their surplus has to be £50 or less.

To be honest, i would just ignore all calls or letters and wait for the DRO to kick in. It will take a couple of months anyway before they start to get heavy. Cancle the DD.
  • dottydora
    Options
    tech2 wrote: »
    Sorry but still learning stuff

Why a debt relisf order? it is never going to go away. I wish I had gonr BR 5 yrs ago....

If things are so bad why not BR?

I don't have any experience of DRO's but from the sticky at the top of the page of posts, from reading the first few lines, it states that provided the OP's situation hasn't changed from when they get the DRO then 12 months on they are free of the debt. I am happy to be corrected on this though.:confused:
  • Stardust
    Stardust Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    A DRO is best for my situation.

So just cancel the DD, send a letter to the CC and wait for the DRO to kick in?
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Stardust wrote: »
    A DRO is best for my situation.

So just cancel the DD, send a letter to the CC and wait for the DRO to kick in?

Cancel the DD.
    Creditors are informed of your DRO the same day you are, so it shouldnt take too long for them to get the picture and any hassling will stop.
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • Stardust
    Stardust Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing