Lloyds TSB Classic Plus Account

I started an Classic Plus account in early May to take advantage of the £50 introductory offer (and also because Barclays interest was low in comparison). Salary has gone across (tomorrow will be the second months worth of salary that hits the account)

I've just logged on today and there's a link on my account page saying "Upgrade", which takes me to a "Upgrade your account to Classic Plus". Strange, as I assumed thats what my account was (it's the box I ticked when I applied in the branch).

Customer services say my account IS a classic plus account, and that "the internet accounts must be slow in updating", which sounds like CustomerService-speak for "I haven't got a clue whats going on and really can't be arsed to find out for you". I mean, this "upgrade" option has only appeared this morning

And now looking on the site, I can't find any mention at all of the introductory £50. Can anyone confirm that I'm not going mad?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...And now looking on the site, I can't find any mention at all of the introductory £50. Can anyone confirm that I'm not going mad?
    I think they have stopped this promotion. See LloydsTSB £50 bonus thread: all links in this thread lead to absolutely different information ,,,
  • Hobble_2
    Hobble_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Sorry, I can't help about the introductory offer you signed up for, but just wanted to say that I also got the same 'Upgrade' link when I logged into my Lloyds account today.

I don't currently have the Classic Plus account but was interested in signing up for it, but the link to the T&Cs does not work! Maybe they've introduced this function without fully testing it??
  • Katyag
    Katyag Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    They must be plugging all upgrades just now as when i logged on to internet banking today there is an 'upgrade' link next to our account too. We have a classic plus and they are suggestion we upgrade to a select, but that is what we had originally but when the upped the monthly fee to £7 we decided enough was enough and said no more and downgraded.
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I have a differernt LLoyds account but it is a plus one, I also have the link, so i think it is standard
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    I
    And now looking on the site, I can't find any mention at all of the introductory £50. Can anyone confirm that I'm not going mad?

They ended it at the end of June. However I made sure I picked up a brochure last time I visited one of their branches, so that once my first salary payment has gone in this month I have some back-up just incase they try and get out of paying it. As long as you applied for the account before the end of June I can't see why they will refuse to honour the £50 as long as you meet all the rules..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure