help finding someones phone number?

Brodel
Brodel Posts: 440 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hey

I need to send something to someone up in Scotland but the delivery company need their phone number and I don't have it. I need it sent out today and have emailed and sent messages to the person on msn but they are away.

It is a residental phone number which doesn't show up on bt's website but does on 192.com's electoral role search engine which asks you to pay money to find info.

Does anyone know of a free way? The address is in Dunfermline if it makes any difference.

Comments

• Brodel
    thanks, that has their address but n phone number unfortunately.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    if you really need to get it out today, can't you just give them YOUR phone number so if they need to speak to someone about the delivery, you could take the call on their behalf?

The chances are they'll deliver the parcel no problems and won't ever need to call, but I understand them requiring a contact number as a precaution.
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Brodel
    if you really need to get it out today, can't you just give them YOUR phone number so if they need to speak to someone about the delivery, you could take the call on their behalf?

I was considering that, but if they need it to call up to confirm the time they are going to arrive or call up asking why I'm not there or something then I can't really help as I don't know the person, I assumed that would be the only reason they'd need it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure