We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
TV purchase
joe-g
Posts: 2 Newbie
Tried to post this already but must have pressed wrong button so apologies if it appears twice.
right....
I've been after a new TV and saw a good deal on an LG tv on the Comet website priced at £329.99 but it was out of stock so trundled down to my local Comet store to see if they had any, a helpful sales man said they had sold out but if I ordered one then I could have it at £329.99 as it was due to go back upto original price of £429.99 and if they didn't get it or I got fed up of waiting I could have a refund of get a different TV. Ordered the TV there and then as this was a good offer this was on 29/12/09. Recieved a phone call on Thursday 7th Jan saying that the TV will be in store on Sturday instead on Friday like they had told me, they had not told me this!!! I made a special journey down on sat 9th Jan in bad driving conditions only to be told they didn't have it and I could have a refund, another TV or wait.
Getting a bit annoyed as most other retailers have this TV and I would've thought a big comany like Comet would get their stock in prompt!
I feel they could have called me on Sat morning to tell me it wasn't in.
What are my rights with my TV, I don't want a refund or another TV as I got a good deal (or so i thought), can i get any freebies out of them?
Many thanks
right....
I've been after a new TV and saw a good deal on an LG tv on the Comet website priced at £329.99 but it was out of stock so trundled down to my local Comet store to see if they had any, a helpful sales man said they had sold out but if I ordered one then I could have it at £329.99 as it was due to go back upto original price of £429.99 and if they didn't get it or I got fed up of waiting I could have a refund of get a different TV. Ordered the TV there and then as this was a good offer this was on 29/12/09. Recieved a phone call on Thursday 7th Jan saying that the TV will be in store on Sturday instead on Friday like they had told me, they had not told me this!!! I made a special journey down on sat 9th Jan in bad driving conditions only to be told they didn't have it and I could have a refund, another TV or wait.
Getting a bit annoyed as most other retailers have this TV and I would've thought a big comany like Comet would get their stock in prompt!
I feel they could have called me on Sat morning to tell me it wasn't in.
What are my rights with my TV, I don't want a refund or another TV as I got a good deal (or so i thought), can i get any freebies out of them?
Many thanks
0
Comments
-
Short answer - No, you are not entitled to anything. They have offered to refund you but you dont want it.
On the other hand, i would go into the store when it arrives, ask to speak to the manager and explain that you are extremely upset regarding the delay, esp as you were looking forward to receiving the product on x date, and you would like it if as a gesture of goodwill they include a stand/speakers/blu ray player/whatever
Its worth a try
) £2 Savers Club #156!
Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j0 -
LisaLou1982 wrote: »Short answer - No, you are not entitled to anything. They have offered to refund you but you dont want it.
On the other hand, i would go into the store when it arrives, ask to speak to the manager and explain that you are extremely upset regarding the delay, esp as you were looking forward to receiving the product on x date, and you would like it if as a gesture of goodwill they include a stand/speakers/blu ray player/whatever
Its worth a try
)
Really good advice, and I find it works if you are nice and smiley whilst you ask
:rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:0 -
Joe,
I expect Comet (like thousands of other companies) are suffering from the adverse weather conditions, this means late or even no deliveries from their main depots to shops etc. You yourself said that you had travelled through bad conditions to get to the shop. I always ring ahead to make sure that the item I ordered is actually waiting for me before I set out on a journey. This is no cosulation to you, maybe you could speak to the salesperson/mangager when you pick up the tv.
Other shops obviously had the tv in stock as they were selling at the normal price not the reduced price, thats why they still had stock. Why pay more when you dont have to?
You still got a good bargain even though you have had to make two trips for it.
Enjoy your new TV.0 -
While its a bit of bad customer services not to warn you that the item hasn't come in. I would agree that one should have a bit of flexibility when it comes to getting stuff into store considering the weather. I would ask for money back from mileage.0
-
thanks for your advice guys, thought I'd just have to sit it out and wait for TV but was just worth a check. I'll see if I can get anything thrown in when it finally arrives.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards