'Misfits vs. Being Human' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's "Misfits vs. Being Human" Blog.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Dee_Castle
    Options
    I thought MISFITS was the one show in 2009 that surpassed all my expectations. Can't wait for S2.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haven't watched misfits, but will take a look now. Being human - brilliant!! The new series looks a touch on the darker side :)
  • Hush-Puppy
    Options
    I really like both, but for me Being Human wins. Purely due to their use of humour in the strangest situations - utter genius!
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure". :o

- Nelson Mandela.
  • minerva_windsong
    Options
    Never seen Misfits, but I may have to get the DVD if/when it comes out.

Love Being Human though, although I'm not liking George as much as I did last year and warming more to Mitchell.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • eve_1979
    eve_1979 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Love Being Human........think Russell Tovey is an excellent actor!!! (and fanciable too!)
    Eve

:rotfl:

In need of saving money!
  • ashmit
    ashmit Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    OMG I have to choose? I can't do it! They are both just too good.....

Although Misfits might win on making me care so much about such annoying people. How do they do that??
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Plainly they're both good, set in a heightened present day somewhat gritty reality and manage to be quite, quite different. It's like asking which is better, witty or funny? They're both great and have much in common but are different! I say enjoy both. And QI.

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
  • Richard019
    Richard019 Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2010 at 6:16AM
    Options
    I'm surprised if we're grouping BH and Misfits as one type of programme that Heroes "can be put in the same genre". Heroes seems much more of a serious/tense kind of programme whilst the British efforts are lot more lighthearted, it's almost like comparing Star Trek with Red Dwarf.

Between Being Human and Misfits it's BH for me every time though. I gave Misfits 3 episodes and really tried to like it, but I just can't get past how much the premise, and even some of the storylines seem to have been lifted directly from Heroes. I know it's being done on a less intense level, but it really does irritate me, especially as last I saw they still didn't have a 'Sylar' using their powers for bad, there's just no point to anything they're actually doing.

EDIT: Just thinking about it, other than Martin how many people that like Misfits also watch Heroes?
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    It's funny really i saw the title and thought this was going to be a sociological comparison of MSE'rs and none MSE'rs

As most of my friends/family think that we are misfits and inhuman in our desire to save money!!!

Shaz

Ps in my defence i am a sociology student!!
    Shaz
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't watched Misfits at all, but I love Being Human....might have Mitchell as my Wallpaper, as suggested at the end of the first episode :happyhear:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure