Erroneous transfer of Gas Supply

Dakota_2
Dakota_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
A month ago we got a "sorry you are leaving letter" from the company that supplies our gas. Our reaction to this letter was " what's all this then?" as we haven't asked to change gas supplier nor had we responded to any cold calls. To cut a long story short we have had an ongoing two year battle to sort out our gas supply due to a !!!!-up in Transco records. My immediate thought was "groan it's all kicked off again just when we thought it was sorted". So I get on the phone and the internet to try and dig out what's gone wrong now. The Indian call centre of our present company gives us the run-around and we are no further forward. Fortunately I have the phone number of the group retail manager's secretary from our previous dust up so I give them a call. Magic, this immediately puts an end to the call centre run-around and
I am talking to a named person who puts a stop to the hijack.

A week later I get letter from "the !!!!-ups" department of the company who tried to hijack our supply. "Sorry we cocked up and quoted your meter number when transferring supply for another customer. I think "yeah right meanwhile I 've had a lot of aggravation". Thinking about it I fire up my PC and knock up an invoice for £50 administration charge for the work they've caused me and I send it off. A week later I get letter letter "sorry for the inconvenience we will send you £25 for the inconvenience as a good will payment". Now do I send them a statement of account showing £25 still owing?

Comments

• Gal
    Gal Posts: 437 Forumite
    I would leave it as it is.

They have sent you a goodwill payment probably because you have sent in a letter. However that is probably as much as you will get from them. They would argue that you have recieved a goodwill payment and that by persisting they can cancel the payment that you have already recieved and give you nothing.

Although it is a mistake on there part. As far as I can see you have your problem resolved and thats exactly the same as though would see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure