what to look for?

Options
I was hoping to compare my electricity and gas bills to other companies...was wondering what informations do i need from my current bill to compare?

At present my elec bill is like £170ish and wnt a big drop if possible and same to my gas...im with british gas at present for both

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forget your monetary amount and enter your previous annual kWh figures into somewhere like https://www.ukpower.co.uk
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Gal
    Gal Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote:
    Forget your monetary amount and enter your previous annual kWh figures into somewhere like https://www.ukpower.co.uk

This is true.

Best way to work out which supplier is the cheapest. Find out there cost per Kwh Unit for both Gas and electric.

The cheaper the unit price the cheaper the supplier.

Just remember to ask for them all including VAT so that you have a fair basis for comparison.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gal wrote:
    This is true.

Best way to work out which supplier is the cheapest. Find out there cost per Kwh Unit for both Gas and electric.

The cheaper the unit price the cheaper the supplier.

Just remember to ask for them all including VAT so that you have a fair basis for comparison.

You may find this tool useful.

:T
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure