yAssist Module

Options
Just lately, I have been getting the sorry "Internet explorer had to close" messages everytime I shut down an IE window. No problem with IE, just the annoying message. If I report it I get the following - any ideas what to do with it. If I follow their link it just takes me to a yahoo page with no relevant info on this yassist module thing.

************ (this is the message I get)
Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

yAssist Module

Solution

yAssist Module was created by Yahoo! Inc.. Yahoo! Inc. informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Yahoo! Inc. recommends that you visit the following website:

Yahoo! Inc.

More information

Microsoft did not create, nor does it provide technical support for yAssist Module.
If you have trouble installing the fix or the problem you reported persists, please contact Yahoo! Inc. and alert them of the problem.

Would appreciate any help.

mm

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    do you use the toolbar or Yahoo Messenger ??

I get the same message when I try to watch embedded winows media on some web sites and I'm 100% sure it's nothing to do with Yahoo
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Chippy_Minton
    Chippy_Minton Posts: 3,339 Forumite
    Options
    This thread may help ---> http://messages.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/threadview?bn=TOO-YTIE&tid=2446&mid=2446&tof=8&m=tm&rt=1

Updating to the latest Yahoo Toolbar may help too.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    possibly uninstall the old version first I've just been reading, then download it again if you REALLY want the thing
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • MrsM_4
    MrsM_4 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Browntoa wrote:
    do you use the toolbar or Yahoo Messenger ??

I get the same message when I try to watch embedded winows media on some web sites and I'm 100% sure it's nothing to do with Yahoo

Oh hi guys - not really on the ball tonight!

I use Yahoo toolbar, nothing else, and only downloaded that for the spyware thing and popup blocker, hardly use the search facility at all, most of the buttons are annoying, only uses the mail one that even more annoyingly keeps falling off the edge of the screen requiring me to press the arrow to even see it!! LOL

Use Yahoo mail and the toolbar, nothing else. Have had the toolbar up and running for some time with no probs, seems strange that MS are putting this off on yahoo without it seems a valid response from yahoo.

mm
  • MrsM_4
    MrsM_4 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again

Just uninstalled yahoo toolbar and installed latest version, and after disabling very annoying tab system, everything is groovy again!

Many thanks Chippy and Browntoa

Time 4 bed said Zebedee! (did he really say that?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure