We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Boots, half price gift not half price!
Tink82
Posts: 316 Forumite
I went into Boots on boxing day as they had their usual sale on where all the Christmas stock is half the marked price. All the items are on shelves with the red signs above stating they are half price.
I picked up a few items, including an own brand pedicure set, marked price £15, presumed it would be half price, as they were all in the half price section..
I went to the till and paid, at the ime I did think it was a bit high but the cashier was rushing as there was a huge cue so I just took it as correct as didn;t want to hold it up.. now I admit I should have looked and checked at the time but I felt a bit pressured to just get on with it and move out the way
It was a few days later I looked at the receipt as it was in my bag and noticed I had been charged full price.. I went in today (first chance I had) and explained what had happened (before doing this I went to the sale stock to check they were still there so as not to look a bit daft, and they were there)
The sales assistant asked me to show her which one it was so I took her across and she asked me to wait back over at the till whilst she spoke to the manager. She came back within moments which makes me unsure whether she did actually ask!!
Apparently it is full price as some of the items, inc children's toys, are not reduced. I asked her why they where in the sale section and she apologised and said she didn't really know..
Can Boots put things into the sale section advertised as half price when they are not???
I picked up a few items, including an own brand pedicure set, marked price £15, presumed it would be half price, as they were all in the half price section..
I went to the till and paid, at the ime I did think it was a bit high but the cashier was rushing as there was a huge cue so I just took it as correct as didn;t want to hold it up.. now I admit I should have looked and checked at the time but I felt a bit pressured to just get on with it and move out the way
It was a few days later I looked at the receipt as it was in my bag and noticed I had been charged full price.. I went in today (first chance I had) and explained what had happened (before doing this I went to the sale stock to check they were still there so as not to look a bit daft, and they were there)
The sales assistant asked me to show her which one it was so I took her across and she asked me to wait back over at the till whilst she spoke to the manager. She came back within moments which makes me unsure whether she did actually ask!!
Apparently it is full price as some of the items, inc children's toys, are not reduced. I asked her why they where in the sale section and she apologised and said she didn't really know..
Can Boots put things into the sale section advertised as half price when they are not???
0
Comments
-
You needed to check at time of paying .... I would ignore the queue .... or check afterwards, before leaving store - can you get a refund?
MarkWe’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
This could have been put down on a shelf by a customer.
Can Boots put things into the sale section advertised as half price when they are not???
Since the law is NOT that the item is OFFERED for SALE at a certain price (ie HALF ORIGINAL PRICE) but that the CUSTOMER is INVITED TO TREAT you won't get anywhere with that argument. Shops do not have to honour misprices!
Unfortunuately the onus is on you to ensure you're happy with the price you are paying at the point of sale. Best you can hope for is that they will refund, which even then they are not obliged to do.Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear0 -
This could have been put down on a shelf by a customer.
Since the law is NOT that the item is OFFERED for SALE at a certain price (ie HALF ORIGINAL PRICE) but that the CUSTOMER is INVITED TO TREAT you won't get anywhere with that argument. Shops do not have to honour misprices!
Unfortunuately the onus is on you to ensure you're happy with the price you are paying at the point of sale. Best you can hope for is that they will refund, which even then they are not obliged to do.
It was not one, the whole lot were on the shelf, if it was one then I could accept that.. I just think it's really wrong that they have items on shelves marked half price when they really aren't0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
