im on meter,but i owe them money bg

Options
deano72_2
deano72_2 Posts: 786 Forumite
i switched user from british gas to southern elec,im on key meter,but bg sent me a bill for £15 ,but i dont know what for?

Comments

• oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely there is something on the account more than "Tou owe us £15"!
  • deano72_2
    Options
    when it arrived it came with a slip attacted which i glimpsed at & thought good they are giving me a checque for £15.00 pound!so threw the letter away (with out reading it) & went off down the bank to get my £15.00,gave the lady the slip & she said this is a paying in slip (opps,what a tourist)i owe them £15.00.
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    Phone them and ask?
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • mgardner
    mgardner Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    wigginsmum wrote:
    Phone them and ask?

I think thats probably the best advice you will be given. Best wishes
    Sealed pot challenge 543
  • singlehouseholder
    Options
    I know you pay more for having a meter and a key to pay,get it took out and pay monthly, save yourself a few quid.
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • Gal
    Gal Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    If your on pre-payment your still liable for costs if there has been a price change recently (In Bgas they had theres in March) and they haven't re-calibrated your meter to cover for that.

You tend to find normally that because re-calibrating involves sending someone out to physically do this many suppliers that put there prices up take a while to actually get out and update all meters.

They should update there records at there end so that next time you put credit on your key when you put that key into the meter it updates it for new prices however bgas is a bit of a laugh and tends not to do this and sting customers later.
  • deano72_2
    Options
    wigginsmum wrote:
    Phone them and ask?

tried foning but in que for ages,mailed them 2 weeks ago,still no reply.
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    Send them another letter by recorded delivery, asking for a breakdown and explanation of your account.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • pondie1
    pondie1 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    did u have a price promise (no rises till 2009)if you do they charge varying amounts for breaking contract with them depending on how many years left
  • EasilyAggravated
    Options
    pondie1 wrote:
    did u have a price promise (no rises till 2009)if you do they charge varying amounts for breaking contract with them depending on how many years left

cant have price promise with pre-payment meters.

ive just argued a case like this with them and got a full refund of the charges.
    no i lied. i didnt argue energywatch did
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport