Can a USB port be added?

Options
2»

Comments

• buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    L400ras wrote:
    PRinters, cameras, phones and scanners? on the inside of a computer?
    come off it.

but seriously - i also would like to know - why have a USB INSIDE the case where it is not easily accessible?

Hi All,

I bought a USB card for this PC that has four external rear ports, two internal ports and one internal USB header port.

External ones are for printers or whatever, the header port is generally used by internal memory card readers (which mine is used for) and the internal normal USB ports (which I'm not using on mine at present) could be used for say if you had a bluetooth dongle that you wanted to leave plugged in all the time, but it would be in the way using one of the external ports!

You could also use that for a USB wireless dongle or possibly a USB memory stick, if you wanted to leave one plugged in semi-permenantly. Some internal memory card readers do also use normal USB ports to connect them into the system, rather than USB header ports.

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    buses7675 wrote:
    internal normal USB ports (which I'm not using on mine at present) could be used for say if you had a bluetooth dongle that you wanted to leave plugged in all the time, but it would be in the way using one of the external ports!

You could also use that for a USB wireless dongle or possibly a USB memory stick, if you wanted to leave one plugged in semi-permenantly. Some internal memory card readers do also use normal USB ports to connect them into the system, rather than USB header ports.

So internal usb ports can be used for bluetooth and wireless dongles? I have a cunning plan. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure