We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

what have you spent tues 27/06/06

Options
Keep the what have you spent thread :grinheart

mine should be a non spend day as off for a 10hour shift at work in a minute but i will update later, good luck everyone :rotfl:

Comments

• Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well, today was going to be only the £2 sponsor money for my colleague who did the Race for Life, but I had an email from my mum this morning and as well as my nanna having to go into hospital yesterday for an operation to free a trapped nerve inher wrist, it turns out that they were burgled in the early hours of Saturday morning.

luckily they slept through it, but they had over £3000 in the house apparently, and it all got stolen. They are both in their 80's and I felt a bit upset so I've ordered a bunch of flowers with chocolates from Tesco for 19.95.

I live at the other end of the country to them so can't get there to see them, but am grateful they didn't hear whoever did it at the time. why they didn't have the money in the bank is beyond me - nobody else knew they had so much stashed away.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    AAww, am sorry to hear about your nanna's misfortune.

I'm going for a no-spender today, have brought my lunch so I don't have to go to the shops (tuna, apple & celery in curried mayonnaise in a pitta bread!) and have stuff in for tea, so hopefully I won't have to spend anything!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hi all,
    I had a no spend yesterday, didn't feel like going to tesco as it was raining (and I have banned myself from driving to do in between shopping so I can only buy what I can carry) so made do with what was in the cupboards, quorn sausages with cheese on toast anyone?
    No spend today too (mum coming round tonight bringing a lasagne), hopefully.
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • moneycrisis
    Options
    I'm on an away job for a week with work currently so get £26 a day spending allowance.

I brought multipack of cans and biscuits and fruitini pots from supermarket before i came so am only going to spend money on a fresh sandwich this afternoon.

I will buy a meal this evening but am trying to find cheap places to eat and this is proving tricky.

Anyone got any ideas for a meal i can have in a hotel cheaply. I have a kettle and that is it
    Lightbulb moment 19/06/2006 £14,835
    Debt currently £12,362

Reduced £2,473

Once the journey begins things can only get better
  • kevin_M
    kevin_M Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    £20 to GF

what for dont know :)
  • Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    Options
    No spend day but might buy a pint of milk.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    my little sis is comin up for a visit to show off her new car so i may have to raid the savings account to take her to lunch, either that or pay by cheque since i get paid on thurs. she's also going to use her car wisely by takin me to tesco for some shopping, so i fear today will be my biggest spend since joining the site:eek:

but hey, it's only one day and i'll be back on the dfw bandwagon tomorrow!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    will be posting ebay parcels today, have taken the money out of the PMS jar to pay it with. will be spending roughly a fiver tonight on going to the cinema to see the da vinci code, taking in my own drink though!!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm hoping for a no spender. Hopefully I won't leave the house all day!!
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • Fishcake_Random
    Options
    I spent a grand total of £1

I almost had a no spend but then my local co op reduced all there cream eggs etc from easter to 5p each and i was powerless to resist.

Love Fishcake
    Happily married mama of 5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family