We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Advice needed urgently
leon103
Posts: 732 Forumite
Hello All
I purchased a glass shower enclosure from a seller on Ebay back in January 2009. On Xmas day one of the shower doors exploded without reason. I happened approx 23.00hrs whilst I was in working and OH was in bed. The door shattered into loads of pieces and lucky nobody was using it at the time.
I have just spoken to the seller who apologised and offered to send a full enclosure as replacement, but have asked for £49 p&p. I am not sure about my rights. Do I have to pay the p&p or should I say no and get them to cover the cost. I only want a replacement door but do think a new enclosure would be better incase there is a fault with the glass.
Thanks
I purchased a glass shower enclosure from a seller on Ebay back in January 2009. On Xmas day one of the shower doors exploded without reason. I happened approx 23.00hrs whilst I was in working and OH was in bed. The door shattered into loads of pieces and lucky nobody was using it at the time.
I have just spoken to the seller who apologised and offered to send a full enclosure as replacement, but have asked for £49 p&p. I am not sure about my rights. Do I have to pay the p&p or should I say no and get them to cover the cost. I only want a replacement door but do think a new enclosure would be better incase there is a fault with the glass.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
As more than 6 months have passed since you purchased the shower enclosure it would be up to you to prove that there was an inherent fault with it to get it fully replaced (the first 6 months it is up to the seller). This could just cost you lots of time and bother and maybe even money. A replacement enclosure seems a good gesture but does it really cost that much to send it - maybe you could offer to collect (if this is a viable option) or ask the seller to use a cheaper courier?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards