Creating A Diary (spelling)

Options
As some of you have been to the tribunal, I was wonder how to set out a diary/jearnol type of thing, to show them what I go through every day, I was wondering or asking for some advise what to include, I know to put my blackouts. What about my meds, my mum helping me to the toilet, showering me, shall I include that too? (I am not sure where to add the please, so could you please help or advise me)

Sorry to be a pain, and thanks :)

Comments

• Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    Writing down about being helped to the toilet, and being helped shower will be major parts of you getting the correct care award. Write down everytime you needed help, even if you didn't get it. Jot down the time you needed help, what it was for etc. Good luck with the tribunal :)
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Also (if this is to do with claiming DLA) don't just put that you have blackouts, put how often, what effect they have, whether they put you in danger, what help you need to cope with them and how often you need the help (even if you don't get it).

DLA is not awarded on a diagnosis or condition, but upon what effect the condition has upon your daily life and what help you need.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dont forget to add any side affects of the meds
  • darknesshayz
    Options
    thanks of the help/advise. I dont go to the tribunal until March 10th or around about then, and I am already nervous about it :(.
  • Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    Being nervous is totally normal, but there's really no point in stressing out about it too soon and making yourself ill (easier said than done I know!) Hope it all goes well for you :)
  • scroft21
    scroft21 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I also found it helpful to write down pain levels, 1-10, 10 being the highest, Linking into what you have been doing? At time of doing mine, I was walking up stairs, i did it but my pain level went through the roof.

I found helped people understand tho their are something I can do, they cause so much pain, i should not do or what the point in doing them in the first place.

hope the helps

good luck

sarah
    A far 2008:
    Quidco: £211.11
    Ipoints: 1032
    amazon: £122
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would also put down if you need help taking medication. (ie, reminder to take it, measuring correct dosage, etc)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • darknesshayz
    Options
    I am finding this hard, does this sound like I am going in the right direction:-

Dani needed help to get out of the bed, it took 20 minutes for her to get out of bed, with my help, she went down stairs on the stair lift, (though the doctor has said for her not to use it, but as she suffers with blackouts and falls, I don’t want her falling down the stairs.)
    I then help her sit down and make sure she is safe, and ok, then I processed to give her, her medication which is, and she takes it with water.

Sorry if this isnt aloud mods/admins, I just want to know I am going in the right direction, as I dont to look a fool, thats what I am worried about.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am finding this hard, does this sound like I am going in the right direction:-

Dani needed help to get out of the bed, it took 20 minutes for her to get out of bed, with my help,

You may want to explain how you helped in this situation. When I did my diary, I said things like "I need the kettle poured [to make a hot drink] because I may either put too much or pour it over my hand. If I had someone do this for me, they would not pour it over their hand." (because I'm the only one in the household with co-ordination difficulties)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • darknesshayz
    Options
    Another question?

What if it doesnt really very much after doing this for 3 weeks? what if its the same as nearly everyday, which it is....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure