Guernsey-Anyone been and can reccommend things to do please?

Options
We're looking at booking to go end of March for a few days, with 2 DDs aged 9 and 2. OH not keen as we've not been able to find much to do there.

TIA

Comments

• Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We went when the DDs were 4 & 2 at Easter and had a lovely time. We took the boat to Herm for the day and had a walk round there plus a picnic lunch (bought from M & S in St Peter Port).

2 days later, we took the boat over to Sark and hired bikes. DH was a more recent cyclist than I was then, so we hired a trailer for the DDs for his bike and then went all round the island. You can go round on a tractor if you prefer, or on foot.

On the other days, we went up to the beach on the north coast and the kids made sandcastles whilst we chilled out, we went shopping in St Peter Port and we went to the fort in St Peter Port which was really interesting.

We travelled round on the bus which was cheap & reliable, and we flew in as we lived very close to Exeter Aiport at the time, so it was only a 40 minute flight. We did have wonderful weather, but it was a lovely place to go & I would definitely go back.
  • J20BABY
    J20BABY Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks very much for your reply, its so hard to find anything out about the place. We have booked to go so thats a few ideas thanks. Was looking into hiring a car...not sure whether to bother if public transport is quite good though...
  • Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Try googling something like Tourist Information Guernsey. I think the site is called Visit Guernsey but am not 100% sure. From there, when we went there were links to the bus timetables, maps, ideas for days out etc. I seem to remember phoning them for some help and they posted me lots of useful information.

Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport