IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Free named car insurance???

edited 31 December 2009 at 2:50AM in Motoring
6 replies 844 views
Ash_VanguardAsh_Vanguard Forumite
43 Posts
edited 31 December 2009 at 2:50AM in Motoring
Hi All
basically i wanted to put my lady as a named driver on my car insurance, i rang up more than and they said it would be just over £200 for rest of policy, i told her this and we waited till she got paid. i then rang up again and the guy on the phone put her on it and didnt even ask for payment, i have received the documents saying shes on it and no bill whatsoever
whats going on or am i lucky? :)

Replies

• HintzaHintza PPR
    19.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sshhhhhhhhh........your fairy godmother might be looking over you but I would hold my breath for at least a month.
  • mark5mark5 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They probably meant the premium for the rest of the year would be £200 not an additional £200.
    Unless your girlfriend is a high risk it normally works out cheaper to have them on your policy.
  • of course shes high risk she's a woman!
    just kidding, no she is provisional and they said it would be just over 200 to add her to the policy, its been over 2 months now. i would have come on here sooner but logging is is a !!!!!!! nightmare
    what i dont get is big companies like more than dont make mistakes
  • Yorkie1Yorkie1 Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    1. Have you checked the paperwork thoroughly to check her details, licence etc are properly recorded?

2. Could they have meant that the excess if she was driving would be £200 more in the event of a claim?
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Check your card/bank statement in case they simply used the same payment details as used initially to set up the policy. It could be they have debited the payment on the basis that you phoned up and accepted the quote given during the previous phone call. Sounds odd though. Even when I added someone to my policy they were very clear about how much they would charge and asked me to confirm I was happy to go ahead. That said you could just have been very lucky! :cool:
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• dacouchdacouch Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    what i dont get is big companies like more than dont make mistakes

Where did you get that from, all companies make mistakes and often the bigger the company the more mistakes. More Than definatetly make mistakes

Has it occured to you that they have not billed you as they have not added her
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum