Data Protection Act

Options
Evening all

My mobile phone account is with T-mobile, gererally a good service but I'm having trouble getting them to stop sending unwanted sales texts.
the texts carry a link to a t-mobile free game download, er just not interested...
I've called once to request they stop, they said ok...
Ive emailed 4 times, they say ok...
then again at 2am the texts come through... The last customer service rep i spoke to said she had put my account on all stop so i shouldnt be receiving anything, but to date, i still am.

not a big problem in the grand scheme of things, i know. but my nan has only just come out of hospital after a minor stroke, i leave my phone on, by the bed, so she can call if she needs me.

I ve tried the data commisioner. without proof of rec these texts, not alot they can do. my mobile no's with the pref service, so not sure what to try next. any ideas?

Many thanks

Comments

• hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Are they from T-mobile or from another company just using the name??

If they are from T-mobile then you could argue that they are harrasing you and put them on notice (in writing) that you want it to stop (by a particular date is helpful) any then received would amount to a course of conduct and something that you could easily take to court. However this does require evidence and proof that you are being harrassed, however by the sound of your personal situation that would be proof enough.

The problem is going to be if its not really T-mobile sending you the texts and that the company is based outside the UK, you really will struggle, however you might have some luck with the premium rate regulator is these are encourgaing you to call premium rate numbers.

Good luck!
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure