Need to find website provider already have domain name.

Hi my friend has a business and purchased a domain name off some printing shop which we now have to try and get all the details from. She needs a website with no ads, a paypal shop, about 10 pages and nothing huge on the storage as only photos no video. What would people recommend?

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    I have mine with www.bluepark.co.uk but I've also used www.ekmpowershops.co.uk in the past. Bluepark is really user friendly and you can integrate it easily with Paypal so it comes up at checkout.
  • emv
    emv Posts: 343
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd recommend Mr Site - you can usually pick up a package via Amazon or eBay & get a year's hosting for £20 or so. Keep hold of ownership of the domain name rather than transferring it to Mr Site for more options if you move away from them later. You'll get 10 pages easily (up to 100 I think with basic package) and a Paypal shopping cart although I find the buttons you create via Paypal Merchant Services to be a bit more flexible. If you Google Truly Bumptious, you can see one of my Mr Site sites.

Vix
  • pitkin2020
    pitkin2020 Posts: 4,029
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    u need a proper hosting co like oneandone.co.uk or similar and get the domain transfered over to you
    Everyones opinion is the most important.....no wonder nothing is ever agreed on.
  • you will need the log in details from the company that registered the site. then you need to update the nameservers to point to your choice of host.
  • pitkin2020
    pitkin2020 Posts: 4,029
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sunshine54 wrote: »
    you will need the log in details from the company that registered the site. then you need to update the nameservers to point to your choice of host.

IF they have bought the domain and website to take over from say a business no longer trading then yes you are right, but if they have simly bought this from a seller who owns several domains your info is mis informed as that person woudl never gove you the login details as you would gain access to all their domains to do as you pleased.
    If its the latter you need to find a hosting company and get the seller to transfer the domain to you
    Everyones opinion is the most important.....no wonder nothing is ever agreed on.
  • if it is a UK name check out the whois at Nominet (the UK body) - http://www.nominet.org.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure