Selling things by paypal but not ebay?

Options
Hi!

My DH has just sold some bike parts on a forum he uses. The person has paid by paypal has paid from his girlfriend's account, but has asked for it to be sent to his own address. DH is not keen to do this, as if the buyer makes a claim to say it hasn't arrived, DH hasn't sent it to the paypal address. Does they buyer have the same rights when something is sold out of ebay but pays by paypal? Can he claim to say that it hasn't arrived to the address he's paid by?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,286 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A non ebay user has some rights and can do a claim for non receipt unless seller can show item tracks to delivery to the address given by paypal.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrbrightside842
    Options
    Thanks, he'll send it to the paypal address, then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure