Interview clothes for very big lady - help!

Options
2»

Comments

• SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    next do up to size 28 now http://search.next.co.uk/shop/gattproductaffiliation-suits-att100-plussizes-gattgender-women-0?&nxti=0&nxtv=0&ts=v8

there sizing is good, i know cos im a large lady myself and wear lots cof their clothes
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    If you're going for a top with skirt or trousers a pattern is more forgiving than plain and small patterns work much better on big ladies.
  • Lobell
    Lobell Posts: 621 Forumite
    Options
    A smart looking pair of trousers and even a plain cotton jumper/top will be fine. You can dress it up with a nice scarf or jewellery and handbag. M&S have some lovely accessories in their sale...I picked up a couple of scarves for £5 yesterday. You will feel far more confident in the interview if you're comfortable in what you're wearing.

I never wear a suit to work or for interviews (a bit like you, I think they just look wrong on me) , but I always look smart in separates or a wrap dress.

If you have a larger branch of Tesco nearby, their 'True' range goes up to a size 28 I think and they often have trousers and tops that would be suitable for office wear.

Good luck for your interview :)
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Also, don't forget the effect of different colours on your skin tone/hair colouring. I am fair skinned, with blue/pink skin tones and (currently) auburn hair - all black looks good on me, as well as the blue/pink/cerise/mauve/blue red colours. I have a friend who is dark blonde and sallow skinned - she can't wear yellows/greens etc as they make her look ill.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure