Buggy boards

What are people's thoughts on them? Are they any good? We're thinking of getting one for DS1 to use, he's 2 in 2 weeks time.
Are there any particular ones that are better than others? Is it better to get one that is also a seat? :confused:
Also, does anyone know where I can get a good priced one?
Mummy to 3 fabulous boys all under 4 :eek:

Comments

• mspig wrote: »
    We had one, but could only use it on our old buggy that had extending arms as otherwise it was hard to walk without slamming your ankles into the board. It also wasen't great for kerbs.
    We had the stand up board, but my son used to still complain about his legs, in the end i got rid of it.

that was pretty much my experience of the stand up one too! Except i didnt have a buggy with extending arms and felt like i was constantly walking with my bum stuck out :o:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think it lasted about a week before i made her walk :o
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    More trouble than they are worth.

Plus they immediately invalidate any warranty on your buggy.
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Loved mine.

Was best way by far to transport my 2 who were 22 months apart.

Really easy to use, I decided to not get the seat one as I didn't want DS falling asleep sitting on it, which he would have done! Lascal do 2 now and it looks like they've addressed the height issue so you can push without the bum sticking out.

I did feel I had to adapt my walking to use it, but it was great for my wanna be walker to hop on and off, and didn't have any of the double buggy issues of size, width, pushability, cost...

https://www.buggyboard.info will let you kow compatibility with the lascal brand and your pram.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bylromarha wrote: »
    but it was great for my wanna be walker to hop on and off.

that was what annoyed me, my LO was on & off like a (trying to think of an anoying comparison!)... we got rid of ours quickly & made her walk everywhere. Also the one we got was a cheap Asda version & DD & another friend both stood on it & it warped a bit!
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    jackomdj wrote: »
    that was what annoyed me, my LO was on & off like a (trying to think of an anoying comparison!)... we got rid of ours quickly & made her walk everywhere. Also the one we got was a cheap Asda version & DD & another friend both stood on it & it warped a bit!

DS started off like that, but the novelty soon wore off for him. He ended up loving being on it as he got to "steer" DD in the pram :rotfl:

We didn't have time for him to walk everywhere, he would have done if I'd allowed him to though - just couldn't conduct life at his walking pace at that time!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    I have baby twins and a lazy three year old and find the buggy board invaluable.

It does make the buggy heavy to push uphill, and definately don't try and push it wearing open toed sandals (My babieswere born in the summer).

If you don't like it they have a pretty good resale value on ebay etc, so keep you box and you will get at least half your money back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure