Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Halifax: house prices up 10% since bottom

Options

Comments

• HammerSmashedFace
    Options
    chucky wrote: »
    they cheated didn't they - those bad people!! :)

Cheating in this case would have been a good thing, however all it did was 'kick the can'. Honestly chucky and to all the other bullish posters out there, I promise I will take everything back I've said if within 12-18 months after the election the country isn't screwed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote: »
    black-bear.jpg

I LOVE THOSE DOUBLE DIPS BUT I JUST CAN'T RIP THE PACKETS OPEN WITH MY BIG PAWS :mad::mad:

double_dips.jpg

Sorry, childish I know but couldn't resist :D

Brilliant! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • ukcarper
    ukcarper Posts: 17,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    abaxas wrote: »
    Southerners!

About 18 inches here up north.

Are house prices inversely proportionally to snow falls we have 8” in sunny surrey but closer to London they’ve only got 4 or 5.
  • JonnyBravo
    JonnyBravo Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    misskool wrote: »
    this is completely unsustainable no?

i'd have expected some sort of stagnation by now :/

Well +1.1% YOY is pretty much stagnant.

Problem is we now need some -ve months in 2010 to counter those largely +ve months from spring 2009 onwards. Most of the -ve months are now out of the sum and soon this chart is going to pop back up to +10% YOY unless we see some -ve months soon.
  • Harry_Powell
    Harry_Powell Posts: 2,089 Forumite
    Options
    abaxas wrote: »
    Southerners!

About 18 inches here up north.

My girlfriend woke up to 8 inches this morning....
    "I can hear you whisperin', children, so I know you're down there. I can feel myself gettin' awful mad. I'm out of patience, children. I'm coming to find you now." - Harry Powell, Night of the Hunter, 1955.
  • chucky
    chucky Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2010 at 12:15PM
    Options
    JonnyBravo wrote: »
    Well +1.1% YOY is pretty much stagnant.

Problem is we now need some -ve months in 2010 to counter those largely +ve months from spring 2009 onwards. Most of the -ve months are now out of the sum and soon this chart is going to pop back up to +10% YOY unless we see some -ve months soon.
    taking your theory. if there are more months that are positive you could argue that the prices drops then the stagnation have come and gone. interesting...

_47051420_house_prices_dec_466gr.gif
  • Really2
    Really2 Posts: 12,397 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My girlfriend woke up to 8 inches this morning....

Were you out then.:D
  • Harry_Powell
    Harry_Powell Posts: 2,089 Forumite
    Options
    Really2 wrote: »
    Were you out then.:D

I don't know what relevence my location has to the depth of the snow? :confused:

p.s. but to answer your question.. No, I wasn't out, I was 'in'.

;)
    "I can hear you whisperin', children, so I know you're down there. I can feel myself gettin' awful mad. I'm out of patience, children. I'm coming to find you now." - Harry Powell, Night of the Hunter, 1955.
  • Rinoa
    Rinoa Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly chucky and to all the other bullish posters out there, I promise I will take everything back I've said if within 12-18 months after the election the country isn't screwed.

18 months after the election?

So, you'll be inflicting your 'just round the corner' mantra on us daily for another 2 years.

Yippee. :(
    If I don't reply to your post,
    you're probably on my ignore list.
  • Really2
    Really2 Posts: 12,397 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't know what relevence my location has to the depth of the snow? :confused:

Well where you are might only have 3 inches. :)
    They had 18" up North, up to their knees (or is it down to their knees)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport