Looking For Free SMS Online Sites, Which Are *Safe*!

Options
LouLou
LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 29 December 2009 at 9:39PM in Freebies (no spend required)
I've been using cbfsms.com to send texts for ages. I spend a lot of time online and can type fast, so it's ideal. It seems to ask for charges now all of a sudden, so I'm looking elsewhere..

Apart from the other two I use (o2.co.uk and Orange's online free text service for their customers), are there any other free, SAFE SMS sites?

I'm asking this because one I used asked my friend to pay to read my text, and she's worried she might be on a spamming list. I feel terrible about it. It was either smsfrog or text4free.net, the only other two I've tried. Also, smsfrog rarely seems to send texts anyway when I try it, I get errors!

Is GizmoSMS (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) safe?

Comments

• cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2009 at 9:54PM
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    I've been using cbfsms.com to send texts for ages. I spend a lot of time online and can type fast, so it's ideal. It seems to ask for charges now all of a sudden, so I'm looking elsewhere..

Apart from the other two I use (o2.co.uk and Orange's online free text service for their customers), are there any other free, SAFE SMS sites?

I'm asking this because one I used asked my friend to pay to read my text, and she's worried she might be on a spamming list. I feel terrible about it. It was either smsfrog or text4free.net, the only other two I've tried. Also, smsfrog rarely seems to send texts anyway when I try it, I get errors!

Is GizmoSMS (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) safe?
    I've just tried cbfsms and it didn't charge me. Are you sure you didn't click go vip?
    Maybe it's because you've used up your allocated credits, you can only have so many in a certain space of time. HTH
    EDIT: I've just tried gizmo, and I haven't recieved the text.
    Other than that I can't help you sorry.:o
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooer, you're right, I now get cbfsms.com working. I must've clicked something and not realised..! I'll just stick to cbfsms, O2 and Orange at the moment. I know they're completely safe sites.
  • cooldude255220
    Options
    Glad to have helped:)
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LINKING TO ARTICLES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this: There’s an article on the main site you might like to read that gives more information on this subject.http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/free-text-messages
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport