moved house talk talk wont close or move account.....

Options
HI

iv recently moved house 6 weeks ago i told talk talk the day before ( Didnt know until then.)
They said they would close the line i wait for 2 weeks no letters or phone calls or phone line to new address i ring up and complain ( several times) to first get apologies they are unsure what has happened we will call you. so done about 3 of these phone calls. Last phone call resulting in well just go somewhere else then and they also told me i had never called them .... ok fine but i had just signed up to a 24 month contract broadband and that but reciened no router welcome pack just charges to my account.
so i have done a very long letter of complaint so we are awaiting response ( unfortunatly my mum put wrong door number on letter so had to send it again arghhhh)
now i really need my phone line and that now but my mum is saying i may end up stuck in 2 contracts. what tempory methods is there??? any one got any advice or had simular experiences?? oh and they sent a letter asking why i had cancelled my direct debit and i will be charged:mad:

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you apply to have the broadband moved, or did you ask to close the account? If the latter, then you are liable for the remaining time left on the contract. If the former, then you can hardly expect TT to switch your line rental or install a new one at 24 hours notice?
    Was there already an active line at your new address?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Options
    TalkTalk are really struggling with this sort of 'service'. Quite useless in fact.

I had to get them to put a block on the line temporarily as they failed to cancel an account with plenty of notice. The account is closed but the line still has a tag on it and TT's recorded message weeks after we moved. All their staff were worse than useless until I eventually got a (UK-based) woman who you could tell knew what she was doing and she killed the line in 2 hours.

You've really got to give them lots of notice and then phone every few days to get someone with a different accent/part of the world and get them to confirm the order.

That last paragraph can be applied to BT (BollyTelecom) too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure