🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I am a Bad money saver.... sorry!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Jump back onto the bandwagon and don't beat yourself up about it. As for the weight loss *wow* congratulations and I'm green with envy!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Lucifer
    Lucifer Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all so much - as per usual you have restored my confidence in my failings...

You are all right of course - and a negative attitude won't do me any good either. Onwards and upwards (well downwards hopefully. another 3 stone to go and about £25K...)
    "I will be debtfree":p
  • Mrs_A.
    Mrs_A. Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss that is fantastic
    i too fell of the money saving wagon but we both can climb on together again
    no point fretting about the past the future is what is important take it one day at a time
    welcome back
    and by the way what weight loss programme are you following?
    regards
    Mrs A
    total debt jan 06= £15441.97 dfw nerd no 112 proud to be dealing with my debts.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Any hints on the weight loss? really need to shift some & feel like a 50 year old & cack due to 5 stone extra blubber...well done with that, its great! Now you just need to get a balance between weight loss & money loss!! Big hugs...just keep plodding!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    Lucifer wrote:
    Thank you all so much - as per usual you have restored my confidence in my failings...

You are all right of course - and a negative attitude won't do me any good either. Onwards and upwards (well downwards hopefully. another 3 stone to go and about £25K...)

Inspriational not failings if you ask me! I hope I can achieve the same as you!!!:j
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • Lucifer
    Lucifer Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Would like to take the opportunity to say - weightloss is thanks to the help and Support of Slimming World - where I am in a fab group. Hoping to get another 2lb loss tonight, but it doesn't matter how you do or don't do, they only support me.

I had a mammouth 6 stone to lose, and never thought I could manage it, but here I am almost half way through and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Am hoping for the same motivation, once I start money saving. Only one slight problem - have already gone down two dress sizes, what do I do for clothes when I go down another two? I can possibly wear baggy clothes that are 4 sizes too big?
    "I will be debtfree":p
  • ShockingPink
    ShockingPink Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    Lucifer wrote:
    Only one slight problem - have already gone down two dress sizes, what do I do for clothes when I go down another two? I can possibly wear baggy clothes that are 4 sizes too big?

Sell your old clothes on Ebay and find some charity shops in nearby "posh" areas? My OH gets all his work clothes from them, and is very well dressed indeed, for very little money! I haven't been quite so lucky, but have found some great bargains too...

Don't be downhearted; you're doing brilliantly well!:o
    C'est le ton qui fait la chanson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills