I am a Bad money saver.... sorry!

Options
I was doing so well, with money saving and weight loss!! Weight loss still going well, but money saving has been a disaster. I am therefore setting today to be my new lightbulb moment. I feel very dissapointed in myself. My debts are no higher than they were in March - but unfortunately no less.

I have changed mobile contract to £20 per month for 100 mins and 150 texts (was 32.50), swopped home phone to Tesco (bagged 2000 points in the process). These are the two things I have done today. The only thing I have done and maintained seems to be my tesco direct shopping - accumulating as many bonus points along the way as I can, and my spending diary - which I complete daily.

I am sorry to all the people who helped me first time around.
"I will be debtfree":p

Comments

• jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont be disheartened - get back on the bandwagon and wear your DFW badge with pride!

You'll get there - you're in no worse a situation than before so call it a turning point and move on from here.

Good luck

:grouphug:
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • kiwigirl
    kiwigirl Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    But you are saving in long term as you've changed your mobile phone and home phone providers so reduced some of the debt, you are maintaining your diary which will help you in longer run to find out what your weaknesses are and then you can be in a situation where you can deal with them better than not knowing about them.

Chin up, look how brilliant you've done on the weight loss - I've been trying for ages and everytime I do exercise I put on weight!
  • MinnieSpender
    MinnieSpender Posts: 2,975 Forumite
    Options
    Lucifer wrote:
    My debts are no higher than they were in March - but unfortunately no less.

Give yourself a pat on the back if for that fact alone, Luci.

That is an achievement. Sometimes when you start to change things stand still for a while. I think your debts are probably in shock! Think more about the general trend, which is DOWN.

Hang on in there. We're all right behind you.
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    I think we all have to have "repeat lightbulbs" as its hard slog so not easy! Just keep on plugging, dont be too hard on yourself & start again! Big hugs!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, it is not easy at all so well done you on debt being no higher
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • shazzer22
    shazzer22 Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling dissapointed with my moneysaving! fantastic weight loss though! I'm sure you can soon find a happy balance! just keep going!
  • K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    OMG.. you've lost 2st9lb since March... now I feel shameful!!

As for the debt.. can't you use your £2 saving money then atleast it is lower!! But as said..we all slip sometimes!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Lucifer - must admit I well and truly fell off the wagon myself for a few weeks but I still hold onto the fact that I am still better off than I was before MSE and just look at your own signature for your achievements - you are doing well. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again :D I think after the initial light bulb moment you have so much willpower but everybody gets complacent - the good thing is that you are still here and you will get there. All the best and good luck :)
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Lucifer, have you heard of the bell curve (boring statistical analysis.......) if you were to chart your debts over the last few year they'd go up steeply...... now they've plateaud (ooh, that doesn't look like a real word!). it's downhill all the way from here!!!!!! The imnportant thing is you've stoped the increase!

And weight loss is superb, well done!!!!!:T :T :T :T

Don't give up!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    I don't think my debt will be goig down very much at all this month, so you have my sympathy, but your weight! I'm so jealous!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure