Perfume smells strange..

Options
Hello
Just wanting a bit of advice please
I bought some Agent Provocateur perfume (the pink one) from Debenhams Westfield on 18th Dec. I bought it for myself and sprayed it straightaway when I got home, the perfume has a very musty smell and doesnt smell like it usually does.

I have worn it before and also sprayed testers in passing (AP should smell powdery)
I tried to take back to my local Debenhams but they dont stock it anymore (apparently AP is being phased out everywhere), so was advised to take back to Westfield, what with snow, christmas, birthday etc I havent been able to do so nor can I speak to anyone on the phone.

Just wondering whether you think I would be successful in taking back without phoning first? I dont want to be embarrassed at the till incase they think its an unwanted christmas pressie that was opened.

I would like an exchange for one that smells better (although i wouldnt know until i opened it again)

Advice appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    Debenhams are usually pretty good at returns; but perhaps the reason it's being withdrawn is that it doesn't last in the bottle. So they'll all smell the same.
  • thatsfabulous
    Options
    Do you have your receipt?
    If so i think you may be better going into store and see what they say. If they cant exchange for another they may just give you a refund.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • vickster*arsenal
    Options
    If I were you, I'd contact Agent Provocateur themselves - I'm sure that if there is a problem with their perfume they'd be more than happy to help you.... contact detail are here.
    http://www.agentprovocateur.com/contact-us.php
    :heart: I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :heart:
  • bb69
    bb69 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your replies
    Yes I do still have the receipt.
    Thanks Vickster*Arsenal I have emailed AP to ask advice of what to do. At least if I have an email back suggesting take back to store that should save any embarrassment. :)
    Thanks again
  • crocodileteeth
    Options
    I have taken make up (YSL Touche eclat) back to Debenhams that smelt musty. I had no receipt and they changed it without question.
  • mippy
    mippy Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it really being phased out? It's been on my wish-list for a while now.
  • SharkyGeorge
    Options
    I have taken make up (YSL Touche eclat) back to Debenhams that smelt musty. I had no receipt and they changed it without question.

Just a quick note in case it went musty after a while (as opposed to when you first opened it) - if you don't clean the brush they all start to smell after a while unfortunately.
  • bb69
    Options
    Hi all
    Just a quick update - exchanged the AP today for a different bottle, have got home and it smells the same Grrr lol
    My fault i guess should have opened it in the store and tried it.
    I sprayed the tester in store and it was fine... i think i will need to head back and ask for something else..
    I'll phone them first though
  • bb69
    Options
    mippy wrote: »
    Is it really being phased out? It's been on my wish-list for a while now.

I have a feeling it may just be Debenhams as House of Fraser have quite a bit of stock (hopefully these bottles smell ok)

I have had a second thought will try and contact AP direct first and see what they say, I have emailed but no response as yet.

Its so strange the bottle I am having probs with is the 30ml one I wonder if the concentration is different? as the 50ml tester I tried is fine. The manager did agree that it had a funny smell - dont know whether she will when I turn up again with another bottle to return!

Its a shame as its a nice perfume..
    I'll contact AP first and let you know
  • sexandthecity
    Options
    I would take it back, Debenhams are usually pretty good at this kind of thing. I would contact AP too.

I contacted Boots about a mascara I had bought (Estee Lauder) that had dried up, they refunded me the amount in advantage points and they also sent it back to Estee Lauder who then sent me a new one (it still wasnt very good but hey its the thought that counts )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure