🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Need A Simple Touch-Tone Handset

Options
We recently suffered several consecutive days of power cuts in our local area lasting several hours at a time. With no power, our BT Diverse cordless radio phones are as much use as a chocolate teapot. I have kept a very old wall mounted corded handset for use on just such occasions, but when trying to contact our electricity company, I was confronted by an automated switchboard service asking me to press button 2 or 3 etc.

Problem is, this old handset doesn't have touch-tone built into it, so I was completely unable to reach the department I needed. Talk about frustration.

We do have the power sorted now, until the next time, but I now want to get a reliable, smart, corded handset that will hang in a wall-mounted cradle, and most importantly ... has touch-tone capability.

Any suggestions as to a suitable unit please?

Dave.
... Dave
Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bring me sunshine in your smile

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills