Albion Computer Services

Options
Just seen this advert for a job and wondered if anyone else thinks its a bit suspect
Data Entry Clerks / Customer Service Operators
To work in our local office asap.
No experience necessary as Full training will be given. £10.00 PER HOUR.
Duties to include inputting data, Answering Calls / Customer Service,
Customer Enquiries & general admin duties.
40HRS Per Week Monday to Friday between 8am - 4pm.
To apply please Ring MARK ON 0800 6899008

Google shows up lots of job adverts with that number and seems to be connected or is Albion Computer Services

Legit or not ?

Comments

• Esqulax
    Esqulax Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Is a bit odd.. maybe find out where the local office is.. they seem to have ads for it from all sorts of counties
    Credit card: [STRIKE]£2533.30[/STRIKE] £0 as of July '16!
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£1700[/STRIKE]£0 as of July '16!
    Aim:
    Save for a working trip to New Zealand leaving late 2016/ early 2017!
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    seems to be based in London
  • Esqulax
    Esqulax Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    but theyre listed in staffordshire and cumbria.. furthest places away from london you can get before it noticably becomes scotland!
    Credit card: [STRIKE]£2533.30[/STRIKE] £0 as of July '16!
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£1700[/STRIKE]£0 as of July '16!
    Aim:
    Save for a working trip to New Zealand leaving late 2016/ early 2017!
  • Hodgehappy
    Options
    I applied for a job with these a couple of weeks ago (Manchester) never heard a dicky bird yet am from a computer background too....makes you wonder?
  • PlutoinCapricorn
    Options
    Why would they pay £10 per hour to people with no experience when there are so many people with the required skills on the market? It seems an attempt to get some CVs.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• borders_dude
    Options
    If its too good to be true, it usually is!
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • PlutoinCapricorn
    Options
    No Company Registration No. on their website, or much else for that matter. Berkeley Square is one of the most prestigious and expensive areas in London: perhaps it is one of those convenience addresses. I hope that no-one gets their hopes up about these jobs, and whatever you do don't give them any money.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• treguard1982
    treguard1982 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2010 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Received this email from [EMAIL="albioncomputer@ymail.com"]albioncomputer@ymail.com[/EMAIL] (notice the domain name? hmm)

Dear **********,
    Thank you for your application for the position of Data Entry Clerks / Customer Service Operators as posted on Reed.co.uk. I would like to speak with you to discuss this vacancy in more detail.

Please contact me on 0844 8227014 (LOCAL CALL RATE) & QUOTE "ASJAN SU" as soon as possible.

Lines are open:
    9AM to 7PM Monday to Friday
    11AM - 5PM Saturday & Sunday.

Kind regards
    Mark Jackson
    Albion Computer Services.

Anybody else tried them? I applied for this (mass job applications) through Reed, but I've noticed them on MANY other sites as well.

At 14:00hrs when I rang it, it said I was in position 23. Going to have a quick ring at 1am just to see what happens lol
  • Marsupial
    Marsupial Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. :)

I applied for the Data Entry job as well, and also got an email requesting that I call them to discuss the vacancy, it does seem a little suspicious.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like the Swansea one - Companies House detail here http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/9dc29dcfa00a45e75afea483c5568110/compdetails (doesn't appear to be connected with the London one).

Dunno about this one - could be they've landed a massive contract (UK election stuff, NHS data entry?), but a bit odd they're paying the same rate countrywide - tenner an hour for no experience may be the going rate in the South East, but seems high for the North.

I think the small company turnover limit is £2.5 million (could be wrong there), so would be a massive expansion unless it's a short-term one-off job, or they've just started up as a recuitment agency.

Anyway - proceed with caution (no cash up front or disclosing bank details etc) - interesting one...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure