Belling double built-under oven XOU594

Options
Has anyone come across this electric fan oven? I have seen one at a real bargain knock-down price, but though it was in currys they couldn't tell me very much in the shop other than it has been out the back for ages and they just want a quick sale. It also has no knobs on it, so I will have to find replacement ones, but frankly at that price that would be okay. I have googled it and it is obviously discontinued as I can't find any current info on it. I can only assume that the model is actually quite a few years old, though the oven in particular is brand new, under normal guarantee and has obviously never been used.

I feel slightly nervous about buying it under the circumstances.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks and happy Christmas!
T
[SIZE=-4]MF date: Dec [STRIKE]2028[/STRIKE] 2019. Overpayments in 2007=£900, 2008=£1200 2009=23400[/SIZE]

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As you say, it has never been used and is under guarantee. So its no different from buying a 'current' model. it would appear that the XOU range is still in production and the Stainless Steel Version has not long finished being manufactured. One has just sold on ebay for £280. You should probably still be able to get knobs for it as they are made for 10 years after the last date of manufacture. Knobs are available here http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/cookers-and-hobs/belling/xou594/p/1092/154/0/553540

Hope this helps.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Im pretty sure thats the model we have, its a great oven had no problems with ours, it cost us aboud £270 ish a couple of years ago from Currys

This is ours>

belling-xou594.jpg
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    be aware that knobs can cost 5/10 quid each.
    6 x knobs can completely ruin, your "bargain"
    Get some gorm.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    It only has 2 knobs on it, 2 from the above link comes to £15
  • temba
    temba Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks everyone. Yes you are right, mine looks exactly like the picture above. I decided to take the risk and buy it today. It cost me £129. I think I got a bargain. There are 2 knobs missing and the lady in Currys gave me a number and said that they were only 30p each ( though I think she must have had too much sherry as I'm sure they will cost more than that) Even if they cost £10 each, I've still got a double oven for £150. I think that's okay considering it hasn't been used and is still under guarantee.

Thanks for the replies.
    T
    [SIZE=-4]MF date: Dec [STRIKE]2028[/STRIKE] 2019. Overpayments in 2007=£900, 2008=£1200 2009=23400[/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure