Creation Financial Services

Options
pamelamcnamara
pamelamcnamara Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Has anyone got a storecard with CFS? I'd like to hear your experiences, especially concerning late payment charges and missold PPI. I am trying to claim back money from them on behalf of my daughter :j

28.05.2010. My daughter just got a letter from CFS saying they will refund all late payment charges amounting to around £900. She's expecting the money within 14 days. We used template letters to pursue the claim and told CFS we would contact The Information Commissioner and The Financial Ombudsman if they did not respond to our complaint. Eventually we got the outcome we wanted. Result!!!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Creation Financial services look like they are doing a rebranding or splitting the business in some way.

There is no company under the name Creation or Laser on the MoJ register. So, unless they operate in Scotland and Northern ireland only then they do not appear to be authorised.

They are under the FSA register for financial advice (not claims management though) under Creation. Nothing on the FSA register under Laser (FSA register is updated daily, so very current).

They do hold a consumer credit licence but there appears to have been a warning issued:
    27Minded to Impose Conduct Requirement(s)12/10/2009
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • longhauladdict
    Options
    hi

I'm interested in this last post?
    My mum has just entered a DMP with creation financial services as one of the creditors (previously was an Adams store card).
    I am trying to reclaim late charges and PPI from them and as yet am having no luck with the requests. I think they have cashed the cheque though!!

However, they are manging to write to my mum several times issuign defaults etc (even though they have been advised she is on a DMP) - does the warning issued have anything to do with conduct in this way???

Thanks guys xx
    Pay off as much as you can in 2011: £780/£8000
    Vouchers through surveys/shopandscan: £10/£250
    Ebay/Paypal target for 2011: £109/£1000
  • pamelamcnamara
    Options
    longhauladdict. Report them to The Financial Ombudsman. I just helped my daughter claim over £900 in late payment fees/over limit fees. It took about 3 months and several letters. I had to ask them for copy statements from 2002 which they originally would not send but I told them I'd report them to The Information Commissioner as it was my right to receive this information. I had to send £10 for them but it was worth it in the end. My daughter was delighted with the outcome as they had made her life a misery.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bookmarking because I have a store credit agreement with them via a co-op
    society...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • TCAR
    TCAR Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi There,

I am having a really bad experience with this company at the moment. My sister recently was accepted for a storecard. (When she told me she had applied I told her to make sure she paid off each month as the interest was really high).

She made two purchases and waited for her statement. Instead of receiving a statement she received a reminder for £182 with an additional £20 default sum. She called straight away and explained she had not received the statement. She paid the £182 off in full and said she was not willing to pay the £20 charge as she had not received a statement and wanted this removed. She was not advised to write in to have this removed.

She then received another default notice and charge - and interest on the charges to date and again no statement. She called again and explained and was told she should write a complaint. I did this for her straight away.

In the meantime, she started to get about 4 phone calls a day demanding payment of the default sums she was in dispute about. These were very persistent and in some cases I feel they were being bullies. (After she had explained they basically just kept repeating 'so you are refusing to pay then' until she lost her patience and got angry with them stating she was refusing just to get them off the phone as they would not listen or help).

Today she has had another default charge and letter and again never had a statement. I have called them for her and spoke with a representative, a supervisor and manager. They state that the account is not in disupute as they never received the letter. They are refusing to refund all the charges and interest and although they will move on the two new charges they will not remove the first charge or interest or give compensation. (I asked for £20 to cover phone charges and a check on Experian as I do not believe this has not affected my sisters file - although they assure me this is the case.) They are the most unhelpful organisation I have ever come across.

Two of the operators today even advised me they do not have to send out statements and that my sister knew what she had spent and should have made a payment before the default letter anyway. - Surely any reasonable person would have taken her at her word given she called and made full payment on receipt of the letter and has called on receipt of every one since to explain!

Any further advice on their complaints policy or who you contacted for help would be appreciated.
  • dianat
    dianat Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi My son bought a bed on 6 months interest free, with money to be paid to Creation Financial Services, on the due date he tried to make payment, their systems crashed each time, by the next day the interest charged was £50 on a item costing £450, when he eventually managed to contact them they took an additional payment (above price of bed) of £81. He is waiting to hear back from their complaints dept.....how many times did you have to contact them before getting a response?
  • TCAR
    TCAR Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi There,

We contacted they three times by phone - once after each default letter to explain. (During the first call the balance was paid off in full - but we explained we thought the defualt sum was unfair). We wrote a complaint 3 weeks to a month ago and they now state they have not received this so we need to write again - otherwise they will not even investigate our complaint and all the debt telephone calls will continue.

They have been calling my sister up to 4 times a day about the default charge we don't think she should have been charged. They have now added interest and another two default charges to the account.

For some reason she is not receiving normal statements at all and they cannot tell us why. They simply say they do not have to send statements - that is seemingly just a courtesty!

If anyone out there has a telephone number or email for someone who can escalate the complaint - please advise. I have now been told they will not have another manager call me back as I have been advised of the situation and thats not going to change just because I don't agree with it. They really are a bunch of cowboys and bullies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure