Think im getting somewhere with Lloyds PPI but need some advice!

Options
Hi guys,

First of all ... Merry Christmas :)

I wrote to Lloyds complaining about the mis-selling of PPI on 2 loans when I was a full time student. Unfortunately I did not have the details of these loans apart from a few documents I had.

Anyway, I sent a letter to Lloyds raising the issue, as well a SAR request on the 25th August 2009 for all loan details on my account. The cheque I sent was banked on 10th September 2009. As of today I have had no response regarding any information I have requested.

Alongside this is the actual PPI complaint. I have had a few letters back and forth including supplying full details of my time at uni plus my graduation certificate as evidence for them. After hearing nothing back from them at all I rang them today to find out the situation. I was told the status of my complaint was at "refunds". So my first question is does anyone know what this means????? Apparently they are waiting for paperwork from somewhere.

My guess is they are waiting for the same paperwork I am! ... thats if it even exists!!!!

So the advice I need is, what should I do regarding the SAR request? It's gone on far to long now!

And secondly, this "refunds" that I was told of today, has anyone had any experience of this? ... should I get my hopes up!

Hope you can help.

Thanks guys,

Dai

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

First of all ... Merry Christmas :)

I wrote to Lloyds complaining about the mis-selling of PPI on 2 loans when I was a full time student. Unfortunately I did not have the details of these loans apart from a few documents I had.

Anyway, I sent a letter to Lloyds raising the issue, as well a SAR request on the 25th August 2009 for all loan details on my account. The cheque I sent was banked on 10th September 2009. As of today I have had no response regarding any information I have requested.

Alongside this is the actual PPI complaint. I have had a few letters back and forth including supplying full details of my time at uni plus my graduation certificate as evidence for them. After hearing nothing back from them at all I rang them today to find out the situation. I was told the status of my complaint was at "refunds". So my first question is does anyone know what this means????? Apparently they are waiting for paperwork from somewhere.

My guess is they are waiting for the same paperwork I am! ... thats if it even exists!!!!

So the advice I need is, what should I do regarding the SAR request? It's gone on far to long now!

And secondly, this "refunds" that I was told of today, has anyone had any experience of this? ... should I get my hopes up!

Hope you can help.

Thanks guys,

Dai

Hi Dai

It seems to me in my opinion that they are sorting out something here in regards of this being with the refund team, I do hope they are looking into what they owe you, fingers crossed.

Have they actually confirmed they have received the SAR?
    And have they debited the £10?

If so then chase them up/chase them up anyway, tell them they had 40 days, if you don't receive this soon, you will contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), here:
    http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Good luck with this Dai, and hope you receive some good news soon, please keep us posted, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • daiwilliams
    Options
    Thanks Di, yes the £10 cheque came out of my account on the 10th September, and I sent the letter by recorded delivery and it says it was delivered.

And yes, I am hoping it is good news, but am concerned that original loan details have been lost as this is why I havent received anything from them yet.

Will give them another call tomorrow I think and see if I can get a bit more information on exactly what is going on.

Dai
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di, yes the £10 cheque came out of my account on the 10th September, and I sent the letter by recorded delivery and it says it was delivered.

And yes, I am hoping it is good news, but am concerned that original loan details have been lost as this is why I havent received anything from them yet.

Will give them another call tomorrow I think and see if I can get a bit more information on exactly what is going on.

Dai

Good luck Dai, missed that bit in your first post sorry lol :o;).

Hope you get some good news very soon, fingers crossed and please keep us posted, cheers.:beer:
  • daiwilliams
    Options
    hi guys, just wanted to post a quick update before I create a new post as now I know I can win :)

OK then, so been back and forth with Lloyds for a good few months now, but the wait is worth it. They have accepted my claim as I was sold PPI on loans as a student. I have just got my info from them about another loan so I need to let them know about this as in case you are trying to reclaim with missing details ... they will only use it as an excuse to hold your claim up if you are missing info!

Anyway, my advice is to go for it if you think you have a claim!

Thanks to everyone on here for their words of support so far!

Dai
  • di3004
    Options
    hi guys, just wanted to post a quick update before I create a new post as now I know I can win :)

OK then, so been back and forth with Lloyds for a good few months now, but the wait is worth it. They have accepted my claim as I was sold PPI on loans as a student. I have just got my info from them about another loan so I need to let them know about this as in case you are trying to reclaim with missing details ... they will only use it as an excuse to hold your claim up if you are missing info!

Anyway, my advice is to go for it if you think you have a claim!

Thanks to everyone on here for their words of support so far!

Dai

Hi Dai, thanks for your update and well done to you :T:T
    Congratulations :beer:, also thanks for your encouraging words.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport