Mbna offer!! Please help!!

Options
Hi Guy's,

I recently had some success with my mis-sold PPI claim against MBNA credit card. They sent me a letter stating they would refund 250 to my credit card and they have sent me a cheque for 850. They have stated that this is a good will gesture and its a final offer. I phoned them yesterday as i'm sure it should be at least 1000 more but the women said that the amount paid was all that was due to me. I was going to send away and request all my statements.

Has this happened to anyone else and is it worth taken it further as i think the women is full of crap!!

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guy's,

I recently had some success with my mis-sold PPI claim against MBNA credit card. They sent me a letter stating they would refund 250 to my credit card and they have sent me a cheque for 850. They have stated that this is a good will gesture and its a final offer. I phoned them yesterday as i'm sure it should be at least 1000 more but the women said that the amount paid was all that was due to me. I was going to send away and request all my statements.

Has this happened to anyone else and is it worth taken it further as i think the women is full of crap!!

Thanks

Hi there.;)

If your not satisfied with the offer and with it being some difference in the amount, you can now that you received the final response, take this to the FOS if you want to.

However, some who have been in this position have accepted as part payment where they continued to take to the FOS to reclaim on the remainder, although I would wait for other opinions before doing this, because I don't want you losing out here.

I'm sure others will post up with some advice for you as well, but as they have not actually accepted liability, and its an offer, this is probably why they are not refunding the full amount, but an offer of goodwill instead.;)

Good luck with this.

Di
    x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • bazzaboy1979
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me!!

Do you think its worth sending away for an SAR or will i just take it to the FOS??

Thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me!!

Do you think its worth sending away for an SAR or will i just take it to the FOS??

Thanks

Hi hun, your welcome.

If you decide to take this to the FOS, sometimes a SAR is pretty useful, as there may also be some info enclosed which will help your case.;)

If you SAR there is a template on the link here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553
    As you know they have up to 40 days to supply the SAR, and as usual post by recorded delivery.

You can though however, continue to take to the FOS if your not happy with the decision, and if anything useful does come back within the SAR you can send them on later to them - as soon as they supply you with a ref number.

Also just to say as well, if your in any hardship, let the FOS know and request for fast tracking.

You can ring the FOS to arrange for them to send you the form or even download and pring the complaints form from their website.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Wishing you luck either way, fingers crossed.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills