Question about Sainsburys PPI

Options
We have a Sainsburys Credit Card which we have been struggling to pay due to current economic climate and my partner not having any work for 3 months at the beginning of the year or a couple of days here and there. We have PPI but when my partner rang up to try and claim on it they wouldn't let him because he still had occassional work but they said that because I was unemployed I could claim. When I rang them they told me that I couldnt claim because I wasnt the cardholder but what I dont understand is that we both had a credit card each (we havent got the same surnames) but they still wouldnt let us. Am I able to try and claim this back and is this the same PPI that people pay on loans etc?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Liveinluva wrote: »
    We have a Sainsburys Credit Card which we have been struggling to pay due to current economic climate and my partner not having any work for 3 months at the beginning of the year or a couple of days here and there. We have PPI but when my partner rang up to try and claim on it they wouldn't let him because he still had occassional work but they said that because I was unemployed I could claim. When I rang them they told me that I couldnt claim because I wasnt the cardholder but what I dont understand is that we both had a credit card each (we havent got the same surnames) but they still wouldnt let us. Am I able to try and claim this back and is this the same PPI that people pay on loans etc?

Hi there

It seems that paying this PPI is worthless and a waste of money due to both yours and your partners circumstances.

If this is the case, then write to cancel and request they refund you the PPI of what have been paid so far and the interest.

The link below is useful with the guidelines of reclaiming, template letters, you can use the letters if you want to ot as a guide with your own words, and of course check the mis selling reasons out as well, and as well as what you have posted above, write any other reason that may also apply to you.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond, if they don't resolve in your favour by the full 8 weeks then you can take it to the financial ombudsman service (FOS).
    Post by recorded delivery, for your proof of posting.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck, please keep us posted and ask for help anytime.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport