What have you spent today – Thurs 22/06/06

Options
Ahhh…up bright and early today – hooray… :p bright eyed and bushy tailed no less…whoo hoo. :rolleyes: The birds outside are [STRIKE]squawking[/STRIKE] chirping away gaily – how wonderful. Popped to the bathroom… as you do…glanced in the mirror…. the Living Dead springs to mind…. nothing new there then. :D

Just made a wonderful cup of tea – who’s a clever boy then… :rolleyes: I must stop talking to myself or get a Parrot. Hopefully it should be a No Spend Day today – hooray. :)
:)The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:)"Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"

Comments

• Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ooooh tea, been up for an hour and still not had a cuppa - must be sickening for something.

Hmmmm - well, please don't shout at me but I am finally getting a hair cut today as I look too "studenty" for my new job where I have to look all smart and professional. I've found a lady who will cut my hair for half the normal London prices though so it's not too bad. Shall update later! Have a good day all.
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • isgman
    isgman Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    so far.. and it's not 8am yet... Nothing.,, with luck it will stay that was,, although I know that there is a "collection" at work today for a local charity, so guess that will be a £1 spent... don't mind that we all need help from time to time..
    :beer: Keep your Chin up.. it can only get better :beer:
    :confused: I'm one of those people who was born to have money, :confused:
    :confused: but I just don't have any!:confused:
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Options
    absolutely nothing :)
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • dinkylou
    dinkylou Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Spent nothing so far but need to pop into town later to get contact solution so couple of pounds.

Got the afternoon off work but instead of going to the shops or spending money, I'm off to the local library to pick up a few books to read (for free!). Saves me buying them in and keeps me occupied and inspired.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wont be spending anything again today!!! we are living on whats in the cupboards for as much as we can this month to hammer down the debt!
    November NSD's - 7
  • northern_star
    Options
    Hi all

Bit later than usual posting today as I had a lie-in (yay :j ).

I've got to share this with you (hope you don't mind) 'cos Im feeling good about it and it is in the DFW cause:- I put some of my books for sale on Amazon last night. It's the first time ever for me (I'm working up to ebay but I find that a bit too scary yet) and already this morning I've had an email telling me one of them has sold for a fiver, how good is that? :j

So, i've wrapped it carefully (might regret all the parcel tape when it gets weighed :o ) and I'm off to Post Office soon to send it. I've got loads of stamps (certainly enough to cover the cost) so there shouldn't even be any extra cost involved.

Many, many thanks to the 'how to sell your stuff on Amazon' thread 'cos without that I doubt I would have got started.

Anyway, other spends today will be 1l semi-skimmed milk (friend is coming to visit and doesn't like my money-saving UHT skimmed!) and possibly a bottle of beer from the offi to celebrate my first sale :D

Have a great DFW day everyone.

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't make sandwiches for work last night (OH ate all the cheese), so I will be buying my lunch today £2. Not too bad though as I usually treat myself to a bought lunch on a Friday but won't need to tomorrow as I am out for a freebie lunch with work. Might have to buy some more vegetables on my way home tonight too, OH has been home all week so has eaten practically everything....
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • Mrs(no)money
    Mrs(no)money Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    A no spender for me today :T
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • Brassic
    Brassic Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    £4.47 on some spuds, garlic granules, chicken bouillon and sugar pea things. If it sounds expensive it's cos I only had time to go to Waitrose.:rolleyes:

Looking forwards to my slow cooked creamy pork chops with saute potatos with sugar snap peas tonight though. :D Yummmmmmm.
    Debts @ lightbulb moment (13/06/2006) - £59,842.23 :eek: All commercial debts now clear!!! :T Debts April - £20,000 to family (incl extra £10k borrowed for house deposit). DFD - Aug 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Goal of the month - £500 on groceries for family of 5 - Apr 2011 - £620! :( May - £454.85 so far.
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I spent money:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family