Reply from Bank of Scotland re: PPI claim

Options
I sent off a reclaim letter to Bank of Scotland for PPI i have on a loan.

They have replied saying they will contact me as soon as possible to dicuss it.

This was over a week ago and still havn't heard anything. Are they fobbing me off?

What should i do next?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    james1872 wrote: »
    I sent off a reclaim letter to Bank of Scotland for PPI i have on a loan.

They have replied saying they will contact me as soon as possible to dicuss it.

This was over a week ago and still havn't heard anything. Are they fobbing me off?

What should i do next?

Hi and welcome James.;)

They are entitled to 8 weeks in full to respond, if you hear no result then your entitled to move this on to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

I think this may be procedures with them to send these letters out to let you know an update of where they are so far.

Hope you hear very soon with some good news, please keep us posted and good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • james1872
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome James.;)

They are entitled to 8 weeks in full to respond, if you hear no result then your entitled to move this on to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

I think this may be procedures with them to send these letters out to let you know an update of where they are so far.

Hope you hear very soon with some good news, please keep us posted and good luck.

Is this 8 weeks from the initial letter i sent them or 8 weeks from the response they gave me last week?
  • di3004
    Options
    Is this 8 weeks from the initial letter i sent them or 8 weeks from the response they gave me last week?

I think its mainly taken from the date they receive your letter, although some will say its from the date.;)

Do you know the date they received your letter?
  • james1872
    Options
    I think its mainly taken from the date they receive your letter, although some will say its from the date.;)

Do you know the date they received your letter?

I don't but i don't think it has been 8 weeks yet since i sent it so i'll hang off a while longer.

thanks for your help for now.
  • di3004
    Options
    I don't but i don't think it has been 8 weeks yet since i sent it so i'll hang off a while longer.

thanks for your help for now.

Did you post by recorded delivery?
    If so on the receipt for this you will find a reference number, if you go on to Royal Mail website, you can try tracking this down for the date.

Otherwise, do give it a little longer and take it from there, hope you hear something positive soon, fingers crossed.;)
  • james1872
    Options
    Did you post by recorded delivery?
    If so on the receipt for this you will find a reference number, if you go on to Royal Mail website, you can try tracking this down for the date.

Otherwise, do give it a little longer and take it from there, hope you hear something positive soon, fingers crossed.;)

Yes, sent it recorded delivery so i'll try and find the reference number.
  • di3004
    Options
    Yes, sent it recorded delivery so i'll try and find the reference number.

Cool, tracking is on the site here:
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/personal?pageId=tab_track_rm&catId=500185&mediaId=83900761

You should come across numbers in the barcode with GB on the end.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport