Black Horse again PPI

Options
Hi
Wonder if someone can perhaps give me a steer.
In essence I paid PPI to Black Horse when I took out a loan for double glazing through a company who have now gone out of business prior to 2005.
I have tried to reclaim PPI from Black Horse on 2 counts 1) I didnt need it as I was covered by work and 2) the salesman said I would be guaranteed the loan if I did take it out as my partner had a CCJ.
Black Horse state that as it was not sold by them then I do not have a case because the double glazing company has gone out of business,
Surely it's their product and I have paid them so therefore they should bear some responsibility as to how their product was being sold?

Comments

• LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    AKAIK your claim would be against the company who actually sold you the cover/loan. In this case the double glazing company the salesman worked for.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and welcome

If they have gone under, maybe you can ring the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) to ask if they are listed with them, if they are you can put in a claim through these.
    Contact them on here:
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contacts/

Please let us know how you get on, we can take it from there, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    If your loan was prior to 14th january, 2005 then you cannot go to the FSCS but FOS are looking at cases like that against the insurers/underwriters.

Do you know who the insurer was?
  • marty_43
    Options
    Im guessing the Insurer would be lloyds as Blackhorse has links to them but to be honest I have no idea. I probably should write to Black Horse and ask the question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure