mbna...again

Options
Had a call today from mbna but was unable to take it at the time so they left a voicemail (can I call back mon to fri - anybody get the feeling these guys don't like paying out?!)
Call was basically saying they would like to discuss my complaint with regards to getting it resolved.
I've read that people have had their claims speeded up by these calls but I would appreciate any advice as I don't want them trying to trip me up when I call.
Cheers

Comments

• Newkid
    Newkid Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    thegrinner

In my experience , once I had spoken to them the matter was resolved quicker & I felt better about it too.
    That may not always be the case & if it does not feel right for you tell them that you would rather communicate by post.
    As for MBNA not liking paying out I think you are spot on, although they have agreed my case I have been told not to expect payment until well after Christmas, which really annoys me - I feel like applying a late payment fee !!
    Its funny no matter how many postings I suggest that in none of the pro banking brigade feel the need to chime in !
    Good Luck

Newkid
  • sharpdeath
    sharpdeath Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Ensure you DO NOT give out any personal details to people phoning you up. There are scammers around doing this. The usual amount is £59.99, saying they will credit your account as a good will gesture but in fact take it from your account.
    All the time you're watching your back, you can never look forward...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure