Barlcays PPI on £15K loan fully repaid!

Options
Just wanted to let everybody know that I recently received a cheque from Barclays as a refund for the full amount of PPI plus interest that I was charged on a £15K loan I got back in 2004.

At the time I got the loan it wasn't explained to me that they would lump the entire cost of the PPI on to my loan and charge me interest on that as well as the cost of the loan itself so I wrote a letter using the templates provided by Martin back in June!

I had forgotten all about it until in September I got a letter from Barclays saying they were still investigating my complaint and sent a leaflet on how to contact the Financial Ombudsman. Since I was in no particular rush, I decided to just leave it at that and forgot all about it.

Well, on Thursday last week I received a letter from Barclays which pretty much admitted they simply couldn't find any evidence (obviously they'd really been searching!) that they had told me about the PPI amount being added on to my loan so I received a cheque for £3,800 which included the entire PPI amount, plus interest and minus an early settlement fee of £450 which I had accepted when I paid off the loan two years early in 2007!

I nearly fell over when I saw the cheque but I'm so pleased it has come before Christmas... should make it an extra special one this year and I can put the money towards my first step on to the housing ladder early next year now.

Thank you Martin!

Regards
BipolarChucker

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic :T:T:T:j:j:j

What a lovely surprise for you.:beer:Congratulations.:beer:

And a very :xmassign: Well done.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to let everybody know that I recently received a cheque from Barclays as a refund for the full amount of PPI plus interest that I was charged on a £15K loan I got back in 2004.

At the time I got the loan it wasn't explained to me that they would lump the entire cost of the PPI on to my loan and charge me interest on that as well as the cost of the loan itself so I wrote a letter using the templates provided by Martin back in June!

I had forgotten all about it until in September I got a letter from Barclays saying they were still investigating my complaint and sent a leaflet on how to contact the Financial Ombudsman. Since I was in no particular rush, I decided to just leave it at that and forgot all about it.

Well, on Thursday last week I received a letter from Barclays which pretty much admitted they simply couldn't find any evidence (obviously they'd really been searching!) that they had told me about the PPI amount being added on to my loan so I received a cheque for £3,800 which included the entire PPI amount, plus interest and minus an early settlement fee of £450 which I had accepted when I paid off the loan two years early in 2007!

I nearly fell over when I saw the cheque but I'm so pleased it has come before Christmas... should make it an extra special one this year and I can put the money towards my first step on to the housing ladder early next year now.

Thank you Martin!

Regards
    BipolarChucker
    Well done to you. Santa come early:T:beer::j.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure