Are you getting in those "Temptations!!!!" ????????

Options
Merry Christmas
Have you stocked up on temptations like Crisps, Chocolate, Mince Pies, Christmas Pudding, Stollen.

Have you raided any of them yet???

I have given my chocolates as presents and am resisting getting in any cakes/chocs/pies/loads of puds as I know I would woof the lot speedily!!!!

I've just had to replace a 6 pack of crisps only

My only Indulgence is a Home-made trifle, (to share) a few crackers with cheese (put off buying the cheese to last minute to avoid temptation)

Comments

• veggieblob
    Options
    OK, I'll be the first to fess up. You know all those Thornton glitches? ... well I sort of got a bit carried away and had too many. I know I should have done a charity donation but one of the boxes sort of got accidentally opened ... need I say more? :embarasse:tongue:_pale_
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I've already eaten my way through 3 boxes of the Morrisons BOG2F Cadbury Fingers... and 3 packs of BOG2F Pringles...

I must stop buying it!!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haha! the bonus of living alone is that I don't have any of this stuff in my home! I do though love fruit and am struggling not to go out and buy the cherries stores seem to have (since when did cherries grow in December anyway?!) mega pricey! know they'd add to my ever expanding waist line so wouldn't even risk thinking about proper Xmas food!
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    im trying my best not too
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • ~~Diane~~
    Options
    I've resisted but given the kids a chocolate orange each and one for little ones teacher, so I'll have to get another 3. Other than that everything I bought for next week (which isn't that much really) is still intact.

Apart from the few offers lately everything seems so expensive this year, so thats a good incentive not to pick at what I've bought.
    2011 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £743.32
    2012 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £435.75
    2013 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £300 ~ saved £521
    2014 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £400 ~ saved
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Have a house full of stuff but when it sits around for a while for me it loses the novelty of being there so when you go on the hunt for 'something nice to eat' when settling in front of the tv you cant see it/dont want it.

I started on a box of Maltesers that we won in the summer holidays wednesday night, managed a few and was fed up - this is so unlike me im the kind of gal who starts a box and in the blink of an eye they have been demolished and a doe eyed hubby who was waiting for at least one gets the blame.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 18 December 2009 at 10:36AM
    Options
    I have never quite worked out why people go mad on chocolates and sweets over Christmas, never bought them myself at Christmas. We do have nuts, which are safely packed away, and we do have Pringles, again packed away. Christmas cake and pud are marinading - will be just right at Christmas, and mince pies and cheese straws are not being made till next week anyway. Anyone found my halo?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    we have eaten about 4 of the asda £1 puddings...well be fed up with christmas pudding be christmas...oh and the big bars of galaxy are £2 in asda...weve eaten a few of those
    onwards and upwards
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have two bags of food in my bedroom that shouts to me every evening, i have so far resisted temptation but finished work yesterday so therefore i think i can now start the xmas eating!!!!!!
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought some packets of crisps as we have friends coming over with kids on xmas eve...they have been eaten and replaced with pringles which i have now hidden.

I bought a box of 'posh' crackers for xmas eve and xmas day to go with some lovely cheeses i also bought.....my husband dropped them from the top of my cupboard in the kitchen and they were all broken, so i have replaced them....my DH decided to eat the broken biscuits with the nice cheese i bought so i've now got to replace the cheese as well!

Oh well...serves my right for being too organised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure