We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI part 2
Gerrard_8_lfc
Posts: 794 Forumite
in Motoring
Hello guys I posted a while back about my new car that I got for £90 including 4 months road tax.
As this is a 1998 car it has a few faults which I have sorted but there is one that I am not to sure if it is worth fixing.
When I put the car into reverse gear it sends shudders through the car does anyone know if this is a gearbox failure or a simple fix.
Its been a great car this is the only big fault except the syncro being worn on 1st gear.
Any ideas why it is cruching or even how to fix it guys ?
thanks
As this is a 1998 car it has a few faults which I have sorted but there is one that I am not to sure if it is worth fixing.
When I put the car into reverse gear it sends shudders through the car does anyone know if this is a gearbox failure or a simple fix.
Its been a great car this is the only big fault except the syncro being worn on 1st gear.
Any ideas why it is cruching or even how to fix it guys ?
thanks
His Heart Proved He Was A Red
Suarez, Suarez
We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
Fernando Torres = El Judas
0
Comments
-
Do they have a synchro on reverse?
Anyway, when selecting reverse, depress the clutch, wait 2/3 seconds, then engage reverse. Should be smoother.0 -
gearbox mountain? gear selector? some cars in general have a rough reverse (grind and followed by a shudder my sisters 02 plate ren megane cab has done it since new) gear but could be signs of gearbox wear n tear. bought for 90 i'd run it into ground then sell spairs or repair.0
-
It sounds like a gearbox mount. They're not too expensive and relatively easy to fit but you'd need to know that is the problem first. I had one so bad on an old Golf I could lift the engine up a fair bit!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards