Auction Falkirk

The web page for the auction in Falkirk is now unavailable. Does anyone know if they are still on the go or what has happened.

Comments

• Lorne
    Lorne Posts: 770 Forumite
    I think that they are still on the go, we were there a couple of weeks ago. There website is bad though, can take ages to get into to check the catalogue.
    Thanks for the advice Martin! :money:
    Member no. 920 - Proud to be dealing with our debts
  • hi there dont know if they are still on the go as 2 weeks before christmas no one was answering the phone
  • there was a small bit in the falkirk herald dated 24 December stating it had closed its doors without warning, they're not answering phones etc. Folks have paid monies out but not received goods or heard anything. No one seems to know what is happening.
  • I have been trying for a long time to find out what has happened to a lot of valuable items that were never listed as being sold. Amongst them are war and other medals with the engraving Percy Baird. Can anyone help?
  • barbara42 wrote: »
    I have been trying for a long time to find out what has happened to a lot of valuable items that were never listed as being sold. Amongst them are war and other medals with the engraving Percy Baird. Can anyone help?

I think you will have to find out if there is a liquidator or similar appointed and make a claim. If there has been an article in the local paper I would phone and ask them if they know what is happening. They may even run a story about your items to try and help you. Good luck.
  • hi web site still unavailable anyone heard any news
  • anyone got any more news on the auction rooms or mr penman
  • files
    files Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 March 2010 at 10:51AM
    I received two days ago a letter from their registered office in Glasgow.
    Just two lines on anonymous white unheaded paper and in an equally anonymous envelope with no return address.

As of 25th November 2009 Auction Rooms Falkirk Ltd has ceased to trade. The company is not capable of paying its outstanding debts and has no assets.
    Please accept this as notification of the company's current position.

It's just so very easy: if you don't want to pay your customers...just close your trade!
  • i take it that he has done this before and that is why he is not director they will need to disolve with company house tried calling them yesterday and the line is still active wonder when they will reopen with another director
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure