We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Virgin CC - huge APR increase reduced
dalliance
Posts: 27 Forumite
in Credit cards
I've been reading these forums for a while now and thought I should finally register and post after my experience this morning.
I've had a Virgin CC at 10.9% for the past eighteen months. I occasionally keep a balance on it for a month or two and am happy with the rate. However, I received a letter this morning saying my rate was going to increase to 20.9% from next month.
To cut a long story short, I rang up and said I would be cancelling my card due to this increase. I was offered 15.9% but refused. The operator then spoke with her manager and I was offered 12.9% which I accepted.
I know this scenario will not be the same with everyone, but I think it's well worth ringing Virgin/MBNA if you receive a similar letter.
I've had a Virgin CC at 10.9% for the past eighteen months. I occasionally keep a balance on it for a month or two and am happy with the rate. However, I received a letter this morning saying my rate was going to increase to 20.9% from next month.
To cut a long story short, I rang up and said I would be cancelling my card due to this increase. I was offered 15.9% but refused. The operator then spoke with her manager and I was offered 12.9% which I accepted.
I know this scenario will not be the same with everyone, but I think it's well worth ringing Virgin/MBNA if you receive a similar letter.
0
Comments
-
They are hoping most people keep quiet and put up with it. Dont do it!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
