Kitchen cupboard fitting design help

Options
I am currently fitting my kitchen. There was never a plan as it was an ex-display model. I am currently at this stage and feel there is not enough cupboard space for food. Happy with the other parts but i have the following i can use.

1 x 600 double cupboard.
1 x 500 single cupboard
1 x 500 open shelved cupboard, (although i do have doors to fit this if i require)
also 1 x 600 wide bridging unit.

The plan was to put a small dresser against the right hand side wall. But i think i am going to have to sacrifice this space for some food cupboards.

Room is only 8ft wide, cupboards are same height as floor ones but more shallow at 35cm with door.
This is what i have finally narrowed it down too.

Cupboards fitted on the wall in some order.
Or fit feet to them and have it as shallow units down that side. Will require extra worktop.
I have plenty of pelmet and cornice if decide to wall hang. But worried that will look odd with cupboards in mid air. I don't require breakfast bar as there is standalone table at other end of kitchen.
Door when fitted will open towards already fitted units.
Welcome your opinions as would like to get this started tomorrow.

image097g.jpg

Comments

• bockster
    Options
    how about splitting the difference?
    two units floor standing with narrow worktop (breakfast bar?) and two units on the wall above.
    maybe still leave you room for the dresser?

i definitely wouldn't wall mount them all with nothing below imho

hth
    Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!
  • lagi
    lagi Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I am thinking nothing at bottom will look wrong also.

I only have 3 units and a bridging unit.

Maybe 2 bottom and the 600 unit above as the bridging unit will look odd if its not bridging anything.
  • bockster
    Options
    the bridging unit will look a liitle odd even between units as its supposed to bridge a hob or sink?? maybe it could butt up to the dresser though??
    or just leave it out?? is it possible to just buy one more unit and door??
    Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!
  • lagi
    Options
    Can't buy anymore, but i have just had a rummage around and i have a small floor cupboard which was never used. If i can do some jigging around i think you have cracked it.
    A little row below and above. The found unit is 500 wide with no doors. I think it was made for wicker baskets to sit on.

So what do you think of the 600 above and the 3 x 500's in a row with worktop on?

The length of that wall where i could sit that is 2m20. So no room for dresser, but should i go central, hard upto the door or hard up to where it steps back? where the box is (fridge/freezer going in the step back, stacked on top of each other.)
  • jennifernil
    Options
    How about using them all as base units with worktop, then buying some glass door units to fit above. You could use them for dishes rather than food. You can also get units with frosted glass, helps to hide things a bit better!

Whatever you decide, I would keep them back from the door as much as possible.
  • lagi
    Options
    Thanks, i didn't really want to buy any more additional units as i will have to buy some more worktop as it is. Space for dishes is not an issue but food is. I think away from the door will probably be best. I will move some in tomorrow and see if it makes more sense as a dry run.
  • lagi
    Options
    Thanks for all the help, went with 2 x 500 units at bottom. 1 x 600 & 1 x 500 above. I am going to overhang the worktop so it hides the fact the top is slightly larger but these were more suitable up there than the bottom.
    Couldn't see the answer but i knew the solution would be here. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport