We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

webuyanycar.com

Recommended? Cant decide whether to trade our car in with the dealer or sell it to this company first and take cash instead. I hate having tyre kickers and the hassle of private ads and such like. Is webuyanycar.com a good quick way of selling? any better ways?

Comments

  • hothothot wrote: »
    Recommended? Cant decide whether to trade our car in with the dealer or sell it to this company first and take cash instead. I hate having tyre kickers and the hassle of private ads and such like. Is webuyanycar.com a good quick way of selling? any better ways?

    Good if you want to sell it at any price. They'll offer you a flat fee on the website then offer you far less when they come to collect.
  • go on the website and if u fill in a few details it will tell u how much they will give u for your car :)
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,601 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Various experiences and opinions here. Worked for me - only knocked £100 off the web offer price IIRC and still ended up with £500 more than my best part-ex offer.

    You'll get a decent price if it's a model that Carcraft can shift quickly for a good profit. Anything else they won't be bothered and will offer you lower prices.
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    But they do have a catchy tune.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.


    Together we can make a difference.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ben500 wrote: »
    But they do have a catchy tune.

    That's it then. I'm in.;)
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    stugib wrote: »
    You'll get a decent price if it's a model that Carcraft can shift quickly for a good profit. Anything else they won't be bothered and will offer you lower prices.

    Is the truth.:cool:
  • I have a Rav4 but they have offered nearly 600 less than I expected, and if you say that they will probably offer even less than that, I guess I have to do the old fashioned newspaper ad way. thanks people.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    hothothot wrote: »
    I have a Rav4 but they have offered nearly 600 less than I expected, and if you say that they will probably offer even less than that, I guess I have to do the old fashioned newspaper ad way. thanks people.

    What year, spec, mileage etc.?

    -£600 might be a lot if you were expecting £1,200 but not if you were expecting £12,000.
  • They're not a charity, so will offer lower prices. If the price suits then go for it...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.