Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Christmas cards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
4 replies 1.1K views
Newly_retiredNewly_retired Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
I have already posted over 20 Christmas cards to friends and family who live far away and have about another 15 to do.
DH hasn't started writing any yet, but he always does his own friends and relatives himself.
I can't decide what to do about my former colleagues. A group of us who have retired meet up from time to time and we have another meeting before Christmas. I have always given cards to 3 or 4 of these, but to me it seems rude to give out cards in public to some and not others. I suppose the answer is to post them but that's more expensive. I am not wanting to be mean but there is a limit.
Anybody else solved this problem?

Replies

• Newly_retiredNewly_retired Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea but unfortunately we have never exchanged e-mail addresses since we retired.
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the cheapest packet of cards you can find and hand them out at the 'do'.
    My local pound shop had packets of 30 cards for a quid. 3p a card means they aren't luxurious, but it's the thought and the message written inside that counts.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • margaretclaremargaretclare Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like giving cards to people face-to-face. To my way of thinking, a card is for someone you wouldn't see otherwise. If you meet on a regular basis, the words 'Happy Christmas to you!' will fit the bill perfectly.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • chris_n_tjchris_n_tj Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I told everyone last year that instead of sending Christmas cards I was going to donate to my fav dog charity. Most of my friends now give me a donation to add to mine. The winners are the dogs.
    Chris n TJ
    RIP TJ. You my be gone, but never forgotten. Always in our hearts xxx
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
This discussion has been closed.