We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MBNA / Cap One and CRA updates.

Options
Hi All.

I ended my IVA in July 09 after 3 years 3 months by way of a full and final settlement.

Since then I have obtained my Credit Reports and found some weird and wonderful information concerning dates and entries by the creditors.

Have sorted out the majority of them after months of (Repeated) letters and telephone calls.

The worst offenders so far have been MBNA and Capital One. No suprises there.

MBNA have yet to show the Default as Settled/Part Settled as they say they have not received any of the four letters sent to date (the address has been confirmed). After becoming quite irate I was then told that they do not think they had the final payment from Payplan, but then added that it may have been received and put into some account awaiting transfer internally. In short regardless of the Certificate of Completion theye were sent they are holding off any updates until THEY know where THEY have put the funds.

Capital One voted against my IVA and against the settlement. After which they they then passed it on to a collection agency, despite it being legally settled. They have since explained that they thought the IVA had failed and just wanted their money back. They also said they have not received any of the four letters to date with the certificate of completion (again, address confirmed).

Both are currently awaiting confirmation before CRA's will be updated.

Other issues were Gone Away markers placed by HSBC as it was their policy so that they would not contatc people in an IVA. Not sure why they couldnt mark their inhouse files with this though. They could explain it either. I also found Default dates ongoing, as opposed to the IVA commencement date.

I am placing this thread so that people can be aware of the need to chase this up asap after your IVA, otherwise it can haunt you for a long time. And be sure in your minds that the companies that once loved you for your money will suddenly become obstructive, unhelpful, rude and deceiptful once you have entered the brown stuff and stop being of use to them.......and this includes when you come out on the other side.

Good luck to all those entering, working through or leaving an IVA.

;):mad:;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family