Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitestrips from ebay.
  • edited 20 December 2009 at 5:11PM
    SallyDSallyD Forumite
    1K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    edited 20 December 2009 at 5:11PM
    I bought some tooth gel whitener a few years back as my front caps were slightly lighter than my bottom teeth. I used it overnight and it was all pretty painless and after a couple of times my bottom teeth had cleaned up nicely. However, a friend used the same gel for 4 nights running and she could have got a job with Colgate her teeth looked false and so white. Every so often I would just top up my bottom teeth but reckoned just brushing them with the gel for a short time worked exactly the same as using moulds overnight. After all - when you bleach the toilet the result is immediate. The hydrogen peroxide at 5% tip I guess would do the same...........whose tried it?

Veneers are a quick although expensive option to get whiter teeth but if they are ill-fitting can cause untold damage that is even more expensive to treat.
    SallyD
  • dickydonkindickydonkin Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hethmar wrote: »
    I think the bright white teeth we see everywhere now are so awful and false. Corrie is the classic horror, please God Ken doesnt appear with sparklers over christmas.

hethmar - what about Frank Butcher's gnashers after he had been away?

Like older people who darken their hair, oversized gleaming teeth just don't look right.

I only wish I could be a Dentist in the States - they are obsessed with teeth and will pay a fortune to keep them 'looking right'.
  • edited 22 December 2009 at 9:02AM
    hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2009 at 9:02AM
    dpassmore wrote: »
    hethmar - what about Frank Butcher's gnashers after he had been away?
    '.

Have you noticed in Corrie that they often had little insider type jokes. One I noticed was when Liz and her old boyfriend, Vernon had a photo portrait done, the boyfriends teeth had been "touched up" and were comically brilliant white, LOL. Im sure that was a tribute to the number of the younger members having bleaching done.
  • competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone seen this offer in the UK? Does it work? I'd post the link but I'm not allowed. It's USA based. It states that by using two different types of whitener on free trial you can get professional results that would normally cost hundreds of pounds. It might just be an advertising scam, but it looks cheap enough to try!
    Anyone?

This is a massive scam. Goes by various names (dazzlewhite, dazzlesmile, premium white, ivory white etc etc) - but you will get hit by all sorts of charges which are very difficult to stop. See this teeth whitening scam thread.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dazzlewhite-pro-teeth-c205771.html
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1781301
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • SallyD wrote: »
    I bought some tooth gel whitener a few years back as my front caps were slightly lighter than my bottom teeth. I used it overnight and it was all pretty painless and after a couple of times my bottom teeth had cleaned up nicely. However, a friend used the same gel for 4 nights running and she could have got a job with Colgate her teeth looked false and so white. Every so often I would just top up my bottom teeth but reckoned just brushing them with the gel for a short time worked exactly the same as using moulds overnight. After all - when you bleach the toilet the result is immediate. The hydrogen peroxide at 5% tip I guess would do the same...........whose tried it?

Veneers are a quick although expensive option to get whiter teeth but if they are ill-fitting can cause untold damage that is even more expensive to treat.

[NEW QUOTE]
    Last December-('08), I had a front tooth fitted with a veneer....I have NO tooth this DEC-('09); all I have is the pulpy sort of tooth, with no veneer to 'top it', & it looks AWFUL; ALL BROWNY/YELLOW!!!
    This is the front tooth, on left. I haven't had a veneer put in yet, by dentest, that has stayed in my mouth for longer than 3hrs!!
    I have had three veneers made & fitted.
    The last one, [3rd one], fell out within an hour of being fitted-[none have stayed in for 24hrs yet]!
    The LAST veneer I had fitted-[the 3rd one], as said 'fell out'-so I used superglue...[This worked way better than the 'cement' dentest used!] Veneer stayed put until about 7-8 wks later, when I was eating something-& the veneer 'came off', & I swallowed it!!:mad:
    As said, this was December last year.
    For 1yr, I have had a 'gammy' front tooth, with the veneer off, more than on!!....
    I really wish I hadnt allowed dentest to do it, [fit veneer], as my tooth was ok before-maybe a tad 'yellower' than my other front tooth-but nothing too drastic....not like it is now!!.....Now it is an embarrasement!!!!
    It's even got to the stage where my gum's rising up-because there isnt a veneer/tooth for it to grow over!!.......
    I intend to go back to dentest in new year-& get this sorted....but I'm not holding much faith-after all, it'll be the FOURTH time!!.....
    All I'd advise RE: Veneers, is to ensure that the tooth really needs to have such a drastic/costly measure-& then I'd advise you talk to your dentest about what 'cement' they intend to use, & how likely it will hold....
    If I didnt get an answer I felt comfortable with-I honestly wouldnt bother again, unless my tooth was really 'bad', & a veneer was the only option......
    However, I would advise on buying a SONICARE toothbrush.....These electric toothbrushes REALLY do work-& within a few months you will really notice a cleaner whiter smile, & fresher, whiter teeth too...Hope this is of use to you all reading this :D
    -{end of quote}
  • Having had a tooth chipped in an accident after a good few years of filling to build it up and continually falling off , it was veneered. That made the tooth a bit more proud than the other, so at dentists suggestion had the next one veneered to meet it!!!!!! then the cap on the 3rd front was veneered, yes, the cap! in the end 2 caps were veneered.....it goes on but to cut a very long story the dentist told me my chemo theraphy caused a lack of saliva in my mouth causing problems, hence his extensive, extrememly expensive treatment. Eventually, I ended up going to the dental hospital and it took 3 years to treat my gums,parr down my front teeth to all be capped and removed an eye tooth replacing with a single bridge.......now I had so much faith in my dentist that I actually visited every 6 weeks for a clean and polish, I really believed he was looking after me.......I mentioned to my GP that my teeth continually ached and he suggested I went ot the Dental Hospital.. When the dental hospital asked me when was the last time I visited a dentist when I repled "last week" I knew they thought I was lying. The hospital undertook a long programme of very time consuming and painful work for which I will always be ever grateful, fitted me with digitally measured caps that were made in Switzerland and flown over with amazing results. I am a very grateful National Health patient and thank them for all the time and work spent on me.
    SallyD
  • sassybluesassyblue Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. Look up Crest White strips, they work and are a lot cheaper than it will probably end up costing you if you sign up to one of these scams.

Was going to recommend these too, they are fab :T

Happy moneysaving all.
  • edited 30 December 2009 at 9:14PM
    Adamm_2Adamm_2 Forumite
    1 Post
    edited 30 December 2009 at 9:14PM
    sassyblue wrote: »
    Was going to recommend these too, they are fab :T

Where can you get them from and how much am i expecting to pay for this?
    Thanks

PS There are so many different types of whiteners on the crest website which is a good choice im just all confused now and the ones on amazon are they the right ones also as the prices are abit lower - someone please help
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides