We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

"live" who uses who (credit referance)

Don’t know if any of the Mod's see this and can make it sticky, but thought it might be a good idea if a "live" who uses who for the Credit reference agency’s is kept on here rather than the static spread sheet which in a lot of cases seems to be either inaccurate, or the lenders have changed their preferred CRA.

i.e Salisbury’s is listed at Equifax but when I made a recent application it went to Experian.

Anyone else have any other updates / discovery’s?
:rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:

Comments

  • jay78
    jay78 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Recently applied for Egg, Virgin and Vanquis- all used Experian. I've also just applied for a Barclaycard, I'm hoping they check Equifax only. I'll get back to you.
  • file_wizzard
    file_wizzard Posts: 879 Forumite
    jay78 wrote:
    Recently applied for Egg, Virgin and Vanquis- all used Experian. I've also just applied for a Barclaycard, I'm hoping they check Equifax only. I'll get back to you.
    tend to use equifax mainly, and sometimes call credit
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • Chumana
    Chumana Posts: 59 Forumite
    jay78 wrote:
    Recently applied for Egg, Virgin and Vanquis- all used Experian. I've also just applied for a Barclaycard, I'm hoping they check Equifax only. I'll get back to you.

    I have/had a Barclaycard and it's reported on both my Experian and Equifax files.

    HTH :)
  • file_wizzard
    file_wizzard Posts: 879 Forumite
    Intelligent Finance = Equifax for current / saving accounts (Halifax)

    Intelligent Finance Credit card = Experian (Halifax card services)
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • jay78
    jay78 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Barclaycard checked Equifax.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.