lofts- mid terrace

Don't have a quote as yet- don't know where to begin looking.:confused:

Basially with a loft conversion in a mid terrace (already has just 2 beds) what do you end up with as a means of geting to the loft once it has been converted in to living space.

P.S Is there a lot of mess involved :eek:

Comments

• Gemma I am an architectural technician that provides all necessary drawings and details required to give to a builder/contractor to tender. you mention you have a 2 bed terraced property. you will need to provide a set of stiars somewhere ideally over the existing is the best place to start looking at placing them unfortunately this can involve loosing part of a bedroom or bathroom your architect/technician should be able to best advise you of the placing/positioning of these. Once you have had the drawings produced you are then able to get prices from the builders. I would say the following prices should be accounted for design fees £800-£1200 dependant on full design and the size of job, council fees are dependant on whether you need planning, you will need building control fees and these are either calculated on the cost of works or some councils have a set structure for loft conversions. then you have the structural engineers fees this can be different depending on what you do (i.e. dormer windows or just velux rooflights (depends on head height)). After you have received approvals the builders will be able to price the job. the prices will vary from anywhere between £20k - £40k it is completely dependant on the finishes and whether or not you have dormers. the average loft conversion is between £25k - £30k. I hope this information helps you and if you need any further advice feel free to contact me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure